“First class”

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a gem of a hotel. The rooms are large, clean with very comfortable beds. The staff is very professional and kind. It was a pleasure to deal with Yvette at the front desk. The Westin is fortunate to have her and others on their team. The location is ideal, next to the ballpark, restaurants and the metra train.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

We certainly are fortunate to have Yvette! Thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay with us; I'm thrilled to know our associates offered kind, yet professional service. Our convenient location is within walking distance of many attractions, sporting venues and public transportation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Westin St. Louis

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was superior and the room was in excellent condition. I very highly recommend that everyone "who can get" a reservation stays at this hotel. The vacation was defined based on the awesomeness of this hotel. Service was outstanding from Delavan who greeted me upon arrival, Yvette at the check-in desk, Derrick and Dia in the Grill, the young man who was mopping on the fifth floor who took the time to show me how to get across the bridge on the fourth floor, and others whose name I do not remember. Everyone I came in contact with had a very pleasant caring attitude and made me feel most welcome. I do plan to stay at this Westin next year and any other time I am in St. Louis. I like how spacious the rooms are, the separate shower and bath and I can't forget to mention the "Heavenly" bed, and pillows I rested on "All Night. No tossing and turning and no headache. I liked the quietness of the room, and the great location of the hotel, in walking distant to down town, what an awesome place to stay.
Thanks to the entire staff for a great three days.
Mildred Sanders

Room Tip: Choose a room on the West side, corner view or Bush Stadium great sights and view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for so many compliments, and the high recommendation! Our associates truly love what they do and I'm thrilled it shows, and am delighted to know everyone displays such a pleasant, caring attitude. Our Heavenly Beds do leave one with a feeling of renewal after an essential night's sleep. We stand ready to serve on your next visit; thank you for taking the time to post your comments!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband, our two boys, and our family dog traveled across country over the summer. One of our last stops was the Westin. It was a wonderful hotel! It was close to the Arch and to the Saint Louis Cardinals stadium. We ended up going to a game that evening. And had room service after the game.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I'm thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Westin is a pet friendly hotel, and we are delighted to welcome our four-legged friends! Our convenient location is steps away from major attractions and sporting venues; it's great you were able to take in a game during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back if and when your travels find you in St. Louis!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Being from St. Louis, my husband and I stayed for a night at the Westin St. Louis as a romantic "staycation" getaway. You can't beat the location - it's quiet, yet within walking distance of everything downtown, esp. Busch Stadium. The service was professional and accomodating; and the room was spapcious, clean, nicely decorated with comfortable beds/bedding. The restaurant actually had very good food but is still a bit overpriced, from my perspective. I'm guessing their target audience is probably business travelers??

Westin's big drawback was the paper-thin walls. You can clearly hear normal conversations next door and, even more so, their TV. Since our next-door TV wasn't exactly "blaring" by any standards, we didn't feel right about complaining to management. So, what was supposed to be a romantic, peaceful getaway was made a bit less peaceful and romantic.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room away from everything, including other travelers esp. when they're no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MOGlobetrotter
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I'm thrilled to hear our associates offered professional and accomodating service! Our location is perfect for that much needed 'stay-cation, within walking distance of many attractions, dining venues and the stadium. Our Clark Street Grill offers a variety of menu options for breakfast, lunch and dinner; this allows guests to choose from a number of offerings. I apologize for the noisy neighbors; I do wish we had more control over the TV volume in a guest's room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for sharing your comments!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Westin is a lovely hotel situated directly across the street from Busch Stadium if that is of interest to you. It appears to have been recently renovated. My daughter got married in St. Louis so a block of rooms was reserved for guests of the wedding, however they scattered us all over the hotel and we, the parents, were placed in a completely different building than the others, which involved one set of elevators for our building, a walk across the lobby, and another set of elevators in the main building where most of the other members of our families were staying. It made it more difficult to see our one-year-old grandson, and less convenient for hair & makeup in the bridal suite. If I had known this would be a possibility, I would have definitely called to request being near the others, but I assumed we would be situated near each other. So, word of advice--call ahead and find out where they're planning to locate you if this is of importance to you for any reason. Also, my sister requested (ahead of arrival) a room near the elevator as her husband has movement issues, but her request was ignored--maybe she should have requested an ADA room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your daughter's very special day! We do our best to accomodate each individual guest's request for bed type and room type, which may prevent us from assigning rooms in a block next door to each other. We do offer ADA rooms which allow for ample movement within the guest room and guest bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very courteous and friendly staff. The room was quiet, comfortable and the linens are really cozy. If you're coming in town for a weekend series with the Cardinals, the location doesn't get much better. It's a block away. My only gripe is having to pay for wireless Internet. At a hotel like this? Really?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim B
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay! We do offer all of the amenities one comes to expect from a four star, four diamond hotel. I'm thrilled to know our staff offered such courteous, friendly service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love Starwood Properties and as far as the space itself goes, this one is extremely interesting and different, and that's where it ends.

I'd like to point this out early for those who won't read this entire review, check the schedule of events at the stadium before booking this hotel!!

There are some Pros and I'll start with those.

The rooms are extremely nice, very large, bright, open and very clean. The bathroom is the exact same.

That's about where it ends.

The hotel shows it's true colors even before you pull into the drive. I rarely rent a car but this trip and the city of St. Louis made that a requirement. The hotel's sign is literally blocked by a small tree, not to mention the hundreds of people flocking to the stadium. After finally pulling up into the hotel I discover that it also serves as a valet for the stadium and was directed to pull up, where I sat with no direction for a good five minutes before being greeted, given a key tag and left there with bags in hand. No offers to assist, no luggage cart, nothing.

We check in were pointed to a set of elevators which were nowhere near the room. We walked around for a few minutes before finding the room and discover there is a small elevator a few doors away from the room.

The next day get up, look for the gym, signs are no where to be found, (at least until you're at the point you can actually see the gym.) call 'Service Express' to ask where the gym is and am told it's in the 'other building', to which I reply, 'I have no clue what that means, I'm standing at the front desk, help me out where should we go?', and got a snippy but detailed answer.

The gym is branded as a 'spa', that term must be used loosely. As a hotel gym it's okay, but nothing spectacular at all.

Tried to use Service Express to see if they knew of a way to get same day tickets to St. Louis Arch and was told 'we don't do that'. So for other W people, this is not a 'Whatever Whenever' experience, it's more of a glorified operator, as there is no concierge at the actual concierge desk in the lobby.

Also, if you plan on going to bars/clubs there is no one around to call you a cab and there was no noticeable taxi stand around the building. After walking around we gave up and decided to take our rental car, which we then had track down the person who has the keys at 10:30/11pm on a Saturday night. They were behind the check-in counter.

All in all it's really sad the service level is so low, this hotel is in an amazing old warehouse space. Starwood properties aren't in abundance in STL and the one's which are here were booked. I ended up checking out two days earlier than planned and moving into another brand hotel in which the staff were much nicer and as an added perk it was a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric S

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your stay with us last year! We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, within steps of many attractions, including the Gateway Arch, dining venues and the stadium. I do apologize if you found the layout confusing, our historical building does allow us to offer a unique layout and spacious guest rooms and bathrooms. I also apologize that we are unable to sell tickets to any nearby attractions; especially a National Park. We stand ready to welcome you back if and when your travels find you in St. Louis!