I travel 4 days a week, 50 weeks a year. Within the past year, I've stayed at the Westin STL for 12 consecutive months. I can honestly say there is no other hotel I'd choose in St. Louis. The main reason I stay at the Westin is the people - they know my name, my preferences and go out of their way to accommodate me. It feels like my home away from home. Additionally, the rooms are huge and they have a full service gym (think private gym and not a small hotel gym with 3 machines). Illene at the front desk is phenomenal - always positive, fun and willing to help! The food is also excellent at the Clark Street Grill - although I wish they had more menu selections or at least altered the menu more often. They will occasionally have beer / wine and food pairings in the lobby, but the food never makes it way on the menu (like the delicious duck and risotto). If I could make the hotel even better, it would be with these suggestions:
1. Artwork in hotel rooms is slightly disturbing - very dark themes and images.
2. No power outlets next to the bed (I need constant charging for my laptop and cell phone) - I wish I didn't have to get out of bed to charge my appliances.
3. The valet men are fantastic at the hotel - David, Jimmy, Orlando and Gary - all wonderful! I wish I could compensate them better via tips; however, I rarely carry cash. Thus, I wish the hotel would allow guests to tip on their room bill - this would be a great customer service benefit and ensure their staff is well compensated.
4. I spend my entire day away from my family, friends and home - when I get to the hotel I like to go to my room, order room service and relax. The room service staff is great - Steve is my favorite, he knows all my custom orders! My only regret is the food stamp card, which gives users points for each meal they eat at the Clark Street Grill. Apparently, you do not qualify if you order room service. This baffles me, as room service costs significantly more. I'd like the hotel to include this option for room service, particularly for people who stay 3 nights a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cupples Station section of St. Louis, the Westin St. Louis boasts a premiere setting. Enjoy the nearby federal courthouse, pedestrian mall, and famed Gateway Arch. Watch a Cardinals game at Busch stadium or just explore the city. A convenient Avis car rental onsite makes getting around easy.Your experience at the Westin St. Louis will be sure to engage the senses, with an interactive display kitchen at the delicious Clark Street Grill.Reenergize and renew in our Solera Health Club & Spa, a full-service spa featuring a selection of soothing signature treatments including massage, body treatments, and facials. Our full service business center allows you to take care of any last-minute details if you are hosting an event in one of our various meeting spaces.The guest rooms and suites at the Westin St. Louis are beautifully appointed, with contemporary conveniences such as High Speed Internet Access, and our signature Heavenly Bed®. Boasting high ceilings and a separate soaking tub, you are sure to stay relaxed during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Westin Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Westin
- Westin Hotel St Louis