“I Keep Coming Back” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“I Keep Coming Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I travel a fair amount for business which is usually an "in and out" experience but I still like to be comfortable and feel safe and the Westin always fits the bill. Yesterday I had one if those days where nothing was working out and was finally told at the airport that I was going to be in St. Louis for another night. I was not pleased but immediately called the Westin, hoping they would have a room and was delighted to here they did.
I was greeted warmly the moment I walked in; my room was terrific; a king bed with lovely bedding, a huge bathroom with a giant tub and separate shower; a couch and very nice desk and work space. But the best feature if the hotel for me yesterday was their "Pack Light Stay Fit" program where if you call down they will lend you New Balance workout gear so you can hit the gym without having to lug your stuff with you.
I was able to have a great workout, cleanup and go to their very nice restaurant and have a delicious dinner and by the time I rolled into bed I was feeling like a new person.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We're thrilled you keep coming back! Thank you for taking the time to post a review concerning your stay with us. Our New Balance Lending program does allow that all important work out to still happen while travelling, without taking up the extra space in one's luggage. I have shared your comments with our associates and thanked them for providing a warm greeting and attentive service. We stand ready for your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I checked in to the Westin St. Louis hotel at 2:30am Thursday morning and were greeted by Raquel, a very professional and considerate staff member. She recognized that we were tired and anxious to get to bed so she quickly checked us in and made sure we were satisfied with our room and extra needs. It was a warm and sincere welcoming that made us feel like we were truly appreciated. Another staff member that deserves special recognition is Rod C. for his attention to detail in the hotel's Clark Street Grill restaurant. Rod was quick to get us seated and served and made sure that we were completely satisfied with our meals. We liked the way he took personal ownership over every detail in the restaurant and pride in his ability to provide excellent service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for the many compliments! I have shared your comments with both Racquel and Rod and thanked them both for offering such personalized, attentive service. I'm thrilled we were able to share in the celebration of your Thanksgiving holiday! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our recent family trip to Te Westin ws marred by the constant scrutiny we received every time we entered a public area of the hotel. The New York Jets were staying there before their game. It felt as though the entire hotel was in a prison type lock down. On multiple occasions, we were asked what our purpose was for being in the lobby. On a positive note, the rooms were nicely appointed and front desk staf were well intentioned. This hotel is not ready to host a function and leisure guests at the same time. Ask who else is staying before booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with queen beds significantly smaller than those with king beds.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Westin St Louis is the best downtown hotel in the area. I stayed for 6 days and was amazed at the great customer service I received. I want to especiall thank Dawn Graham for her outstanding service and making my return trip to St Louis a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay with us! We're delighted you named us the best hotel in the downtown area! I've shared your comments with Dawn and personally thanked her for offering such attentive service. We stand ready to serve on your next visit!
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel provides the kind of stay you wish you had at every stop. The hotel was super clean and looked fantastic throughout. The service at the front desk and from the bellmen at the front door was great. The staff really seemed to like their job and they tried to give you the best service possible with a genuine smile on their faces!
The room was very clean and the bathroom great. Large tub for baths and large glass shower area that provided plenty of room inside. Bed was a typical ultra-perfect for sleeping Westin bed. We had a great view right across the street from the Third Base side of Busch Stadium. Great location too. Wi-Fi was quick and easy.
A great stay!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank messacar
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! Our associates truly enjoy what they do and I'm thrilled it shows! Our Heavenly beds leave one with a feeling of renewal in the morning. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again, whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

While I'm not an avid baseball fan, I thought it was pretty cool that the St. Louis Westin Hotel is within walking distance to the Cardinal stadium. If you're a fan or in town for a game, I would say the location is a plus.

I found the Westin staff to be very helpful. When I needed something they addressed my need promptly. I love the modern contempory decor of the hotel. It has a very fresh and new feel. The rooms are spacious and I slept like a baby, which is not always the case when I travel for work.

If you don't feel like leaving your room like I did, you'll be happy with room service. It is 24 hours and they have a pretty good selection to choose from. The fitness center is up to date and very clean. They have a good selection of equipment to use.

I was in town for a meeting and we used their conference room facilities which were also up to date and good. The Westin offers great customer service whether it be for personal or business travel. I would definitely stay here again.

Kudos to their team.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Aaliyah M
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! I'm delighted to know you slept like a baby in our Heavenly bed! We are conveniently located just steps away from many attractions in downtown St. Louis. We do offer 24 hour in-room dining, which is perfect for those late night cravings. I've shared your comments with our associates, and thanked them for a job well done. We stand ready to serve for your next visit!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wow. This hotel is modern, clean, polished, and the rooms are just amazing! Spacious room, high ceilings, huge luxurious bathroom and heavenly bed! I wish I could have stayed longer. Can't speak for the service, but the rooms are definitely out of this world!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay! We are conveniently located within walking distance of many attractions, dining venues and office buildings in downtown St. Louis. I have thanked our associates for offering such friendly service and immaculate accomodations and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!