“Wonderful”

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stay in Westins all the time, as a member of Starwood. This Westin is, by far, the most gorgeous of them all, and has an unbelievable staff.

I'm not sure what else I can say that's different than any other great reviews on this site, but here's an example of the perfect service that this hotel provides: When I arrived on a Sunday, I called Service Express to have some clothes pressed for business meetings on Monday and Tuesday. On Monday morning, when I called to inquire about the whereabouts of my clothes, they told me that laundry doesn't go out on Sunday, but would see what they could do. As my meetings were within a few hours of that phone call, I started to worry, and called back to ask that they send the clothes back up and I would iron them myself. When I called Service Express, the girl who answered the phone was ironing my clothes! I couldn't believe how generous she was.

THAT is wonderful service. It's very hard to come by these days. Don't stay anywhere else if you're coming to St. Louis!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Westin St. Louis

Reviewed November 4, 2007

Favorite place to stay in St. Louis. We had two rooms for the night and both were clean and so cozy! The beds are the best. Hated to get up. Had drinks in the bar and it was nice. Bathrooms are big, showers great, deep long tub and tons of counter space.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank twinmom1292
Reviewed October 30, 2007

We stayed at the westin in St. Louis last weekend for a short getaway. We were able to book an incredible rate through the westin website, and we were more than pleased with our room when we arrived. The bathroom was MUCH larger than the standard bathroom in a hotel room, and we were lucky enough to get a corner room which was slightly larger than a normal room according to the gentleman at the front desk. We arrived late friday evening, and they were more than accomodating. We received the corner room with a great view at no additional charge.

When we wanted some ideas for dinner they promptly provided us with a multitude of ideas, and when we narrowed it down to one, they even printed directions off from mapquest on how to get there.

I would gladly stay at this hotel again, as a matter of fact, I will only stay at this hotel when traveling to St Louis.

Thanks to everyone at the westin for a great weekend!

3  Thank kkimzey
Reviewed September 23, 2007

This hotel and their staff were awesome. We had a wonderful stay.The only draw back was no pool. The valet attendants were friendly and courteous. The dining staff was too. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet. $12.99 sounds pricey for breakfast until you see the quality of the food. Top of the line fruit. No cheap apples & bananas like most. Our personal thanks to Shell in the dining room. What a gal. We loved her!
From Arkansas

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank razorbackfans
Reviewed September 18, 2007

As someone who regularly stays at a Westin, this one always does a great job. I stay here at least once a year when I drive up for a Blues game. The staff is always courteous and helpful, with a great concierge who can help with last minute dinner reservations (Thanks Mark). The rooms are always in order and clean.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pnt_btr
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I picked the Westin as my hotel for a 4-night stay on Labor Day weekend. I was only able to book a 2-queen room online, so I wrote an email to the manager to try and get a king bed. He replied personnaly and arranged it for me. When we got there for our romantic getaway, they had it ready for us, and on a high floor just like I asked. The staff was very friendly, all of them! Even the parking attendant girl was super friendly.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and our room was really large: that bathroom itself was worth the price. Free Sartbucks coffe was a nice touch. The bed was comfy, but a bit hot. Maybe it was because of the feather bed underneath the sheet. Anyway, it was a better bed for "romance" than for sleeping, in our case. They charge $16 a day for WiFi Internet, a real racket. All luxury hotels should now understand that they should include free Internet in the rooms. I mean, even bargain hotels are starting to offer it for free. Get with the program, Starwoods.

The room service was delicous (if pricey) and the television and movie selection was good. Try the crab cakes or toasted raviolis! The TV was too old and set up too low, we kept having to push down the blankets to see the screen while watching in bed.

We went for a Cardinals game and the stadium is ridiculously close, it's a 3 minutes walk. The Arch is also very close and a must-see.

it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pushplay
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I Recently stayed at the Westin while in town for a Cardinals baseball game. The Westin is located right next to the new stadium which made it very convenient. The staff was excellent and made our stay very memorable. The beds are very comfortable and each room has a great bathroom with a wonderful shower. The rooms were clean and quiet. The on premise restaurant/bar was especially nice. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating to our needs. The breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced for a hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in St. Louis and I have not found one that is any better.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple