“Excellent Service”
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Hotel Ignacio
Ranked #38 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My experience at Hotel Ignacio was absolutely outstanding on every level. The service is beyond compare. I had a delicious dinner of at Triumph Grill and afterward enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire. My room had all of the amenities I was seeking. I will certainly be back and will highly recommend Hotel Ignacio to my colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you Marcia Q. It sounds like you were able to experience several of our amenities! If you ever make it back this way I hope you are able to take a walk through the MotoMuseum and the International Photography Hall of Fame (our new neighbor right above Triumph). Thank you for recommending us to your colleagues. That is like hitting the jackpot to us!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We greatly appreciate the friendly and attentive staff of the Hotel Ignacio. We stayed there the weekend of the worst snow storm in STL since the 80s. Unsolicited, the staff kept on top of local restaurant closures and other resources. There were a limited number of restaurants open Sunday night because of the snowstorm so the hotel ordered in pizza and salad and treated its guests. They were totally flexible about checkout times. The hotel management and staff are a class act!

This was our 2nd stay here. This is a very unique hotel. The lobby and lounging areas are quite attractive and inviting. The hotel has a modern boutique decor with very upbeat rooms. Very positive feel. Extremely comfortable beds. Large modern showers with rain shower heads. Big flat screen televisions.

We like the location. It is not really in the center of anything unless you are going to the nearby Fox Theater or have kids at SLU but the location is easily accessed and serves as a good launching point to drive to other parts of STL.

The attached Triumph Grill Is a great place to have a before or after drink. And the parking is convenient for a city location. The Hotel Ignacio has become or hotel of choice when visiting STL. And if you are going to the Fox there is no better location.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TAO5060
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Really great hotel! I, as well as my wife, really like the contemporary look and feel of the hotel! We did two St. Louis Symphony New Year's Eve overnight package deals, in conjunction with Hotel Ignacio. I don't think that the symphony organization coould've picked a better hotel. Not only is it a real interesting-looking hotel, but also the accomodations were great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Ignacio for an impromptu romantic evening out. We booked the suite and enjoyed our stay immensely. The bathroom was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpool tub and "rain" shower. Everything was tastefully decorated and very clean. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night as it was near the museums I wanted to visit, and the price was good. I arrived several hours before check in as I'd taken Amtrak to St Louis, hoping to dump my suitcase, but instead the front desk staff said "no problem with early check-in" and gave me my keys. I can't think of any of the large hotel chains that would allow me to check in six hours early without charging me.

The room was spotless and the bath had a rather wonderful shower with an oversized shower head. One embarrassing problem - the phone was so high-tech that I had to read the dirctions before I could make a call.

After checkout, I realized I'd left my Amtrak ticket in my room. Again, no problem - an employee went to my vacated room, found the ticket, and brought it down to the front desk.

Room Tip: Some rooms' views may be better than others, but this wasn't a priority for me this time.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at the Ignacio for two nights while on business in the St. Louis area. It was really perfect. On my first night in, I was able to get something great to eat at the attached Triumph restaurant. It was so good that I ate there the second night as well. The Temperpedic mattress in the room was covered in delicious sheets. The hairdryer actually dried my hair and the toiletries were high end. Super funky and fun!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I went to STL for the Beyonce’ concert and stayed at hotel Ignacio. The hotel is lovely, with very nice paintings everywhere. I would consider it a “ADULT HOTEL” I would definitely think twice about brining children to the hotel as there is no pool on site or microwaves in the rooms. The hotel is within walking distance of a lot of different restaurants and public transportation. If you are at all iffy about public transportation like we were you can call to the desk and they will call you a cab!! There is Breakfast available in the morning but it is not free and in my opinion not very good. The good thing is there is a diner at the corner. We also visited the Triumph Grill while we were there. It’s attached to the hotel so very convenient. I must be honest and say the service there is NOT very good. The servers spent much time socializing, my food was barely warm, and my husbands grilled cheese was burned!! We don’t like to complain at restaurants but if I had my way I would not have paid for such a meal or service. The rooms have AMAZING bed and SHOWERS!! It has a very nice layout and AMAZING STAFF MEMBERS!!! I spent a lot of time at the desk with Ariyca. She is was well mannered and had LOTS of ideas and information on what to do in the town!! We even called her for directions while we were out exploring. She was able to give us landmarks and more!@! She is a great addition to the hotel and will be visiting again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the response. I will share your feedback with our restaurant provider in hopes that it is helpful in eliminating the service and food glitches that you mentioned. I will make sure that Airyca hears your kind comments about her. Please let us know if we can help you in the future.