“Back Again and Still Love It”
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Hotel Ignacio
Ranked #39 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Back Again and Still Love It”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I found this gem last year and wrote a review and was curious on my return trip how it might live up to my first experience. This isn't the Four Seasons, but for a small boutique hotel, I think it rivals any hotel with customer service. The front desk staff are incredibly friendly and personable. They don't show any signs of frustration when something isn't going right. For instance, two of my bathroom lights blew out when I turned on the switch. Since it was at night and I still had the mirror lights, I said that tomorrow was fine for someone to come and fix the lights. The front desk staff took off the cost of parking for my inconvenience.

The rooms are contemporary and have high tech features that a guest wants. There is good and bad in this. The great is that wi-fi is included in the cost of the room. The tv is "hidden" in a frame that sort of doubles as a mirror. It's cool. The bad is that because the hotel info and phone are connected to a Avaya hub, if it isn't working (ours was not), you have to rely on your own smartphone or computer to access local info, hotel info, or a phone. We were offered to move to another room, but we were unpacked and didn't require the hub at this point.

The view from our room is the University of St. Louis. Even though we faced the road, I didn't hear traffic. The bathroom amenities are Philosophy. I had a window seat with two pads attached. I used it quite often to sit and read or to sit with my computer while gazing out of the window.

Even with the two hick-ups, I highly recommend Hotel Ignacio. It's just a peaceful oasis and a very comfortable Terpur-Pedic bed. I don't think I'll ever stay elsewhere in this town.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a very, very deep soaking tub while others have a stone double shower stall with a r...
1 Thank Pinkiu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the moment you walk into Hotel Ignacio, you will feel relaxed by the unique decor and ambiance. You are surrounded by beautiful artwork and architectural details galore. The amenities included: complimentary parking, bicycles, the use of kindles, WiFi, and unmatched customer service...just to name a few! I traveled to STL with my husband and two tween children. My children where delighted by the modern hipness of the atmosphere. My husband and I loved the tranquility and care taken to make our short stay pleasurable. I would like to give kudos to Dimitri, the front desk expert. His level of professionalism was unmatched. Specifically, my husband had time a sensitive military situation that needed immediate attention. Dimitri offered his technological assistance without hesitation. This level of professionalism is leaps and bounds above other hotel competitors.
We loved the expansive artwork in the rooms, the modern rain shower head,great city views from two walls of widows and the most comfortable heavenly beds ever!
We loved utilizing the bicycles to ride to Cafe Ventana...this place is only a few blocks away. It offered delicious baked goods, coffee, creative concoctions for adults over 21, and many other yummy foods in a phenomenal bistro setting that offers both indoor and outdoor seating!
YES, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a true boutique hotel experience to remember.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FourKnights
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Surprised my husband with tickets to a show for his 50th birthday. The ticket agent recommended this hotel and it made his birthday all the better! The central location to restaurants and the Powell Symphony hall were perfect walking distance. The breakfast service was wonderful and the lovely lady that served us couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel Ignacio!! It is a very cool boutique hotel. The staff was so welcoming and helpful and our room was wonderful! Comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom. Very modern. The 24 hour spa water and coffee was great. Wish we could have stayed longer! We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and had no complaints! Very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

During my recent stay at the Ignacio, I was put in a room with a king bed ( even though I requested a double bd room). Not only were the air vents full of lint and germs ( a result of not being cleaned) the sheets were filthy! There were dirty footprints on the bottom sheet as well as short curly hairs. I called the front desk, they tried to out me in another kind bed room, but when the sheets were pulled back on that bed, there were short curly hairs in the bed as well!!!! Although the young man from the front desk put me in a new room with double beds (no hairs in those sheets), and compensated the rest of my stay, I still called the health department on this hotel!
I have stayed in hotels all over the world.Seldom have I ever stayed in a hotel with dirty sheets and never have I been given the excuse, " we send our laundry out and sometimes the sheets come back with hair still in them." This is unacceptable!

Room Tip: Request a room with double beds even if you are by yourself!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We take all reviews very seriously as it allows us to better deal with guests and the guest experience. Your review concerns me greatly, mostly because we are accustom to providing our guests with excellent service and an excellent product. I was provided detailed information regarding your stay and previous stay. It is never easy to lose a guest, but I do hope that you find a hotel that you love and feel confident in on your next visit to St. Louis. We will continue to strive to provide an exemplary experience for our guests and your review will help us in that endeavor.
Paoli
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Ignacio with friends this past weekend. Besides being a lovely hotel with really nicely appointed rooms, cool artwork everywhere, comfy beds and great bathrooms, the best part of our stay there was the staff. They were young, enthusiastic and very helpful with suggestions and directions. The hotel arranged for theatre tickets and even packed nice box lunches (with reusable water bottles for keeps) to take with us on our outings. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in room 410 which is on the corner with two really big windows. Nice and qu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Plugged in the address into the GPS and drove past the hotel. It is smaller that what I expected, in a good way. We checked in a little early on Saturday to find our white comforter was wet in spots and had some stains. We immediately went down to the front desk and the front desk rep was very good. She got us a new room with no questions asked. Also, she was very apologetic. This says a lot about the hotel on the way the dealt with an issue. I would give them an A+ for this.

Next, we then checked into our new room and everything was very nice. The room is perfectly sized. The bed is amazingly comfortable. The tv was great because it was a like the 3 I have at home. Everything in the room is modern looking and is very practical.

Parking is only yards away and was monitored by a guard. We felt very safe leaving our vehicle so know problems in this department. Also, there is a restaurant attached but it seems there is a good opportunity for this hotel to offer a little bar inside the hotel itself. We checked out at 8 am this restaurant was setting up for breakfast/brunch. Therefore, we could not eat there since we had to leave early.

In conclusion, this is a nice hotel in a nice location. For a $190 a night with tax and parking, it should be. I felt comfortable walking to neighboring bars/restaurants with no worries. I would come again with no hesitations.