“What a pleasant surprise was the hotel ignacio”
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Hotel Ignacio
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
“What a pleasant surprise was the hotel ignacio”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

After staying in a fantastic hotel in Chicago, my wife and I thought that the only way next would be down. Wrong! We turned up at the ignacio not really knowing what to expect, and I must say, as soon as we walked into the lovely lobby, our reservations were alleviated. The hotel owners have put a lot of thought and care into the design and what comes across is a fantastic little hotel. Our room was lovely along with the complimentary l'occitain toileteries. The staff were equally as charming and couldn't be helpful enough and gave us some useful tips for our brief stay. If you are ever considering a trip to st Louis, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Oh, and it's a 2 min walk from pappys smokehouse!!!! Which you MUST check out..

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Arkansas
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a very modern, clean hotel. I have stayed in other hotels in St. Loius, and this is by far the best there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, this is a very clean, safe area of St. Louis.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We visited Hotel Ignacio while we were in town to see Sting at Fox Theatre. This place couldn't have been better. It is gorgeous, clean, and within walking distance to Fox. Also, the parking was incredibly cheap and convenient. The gentleman who checked us in went out of his way to print out a list of Vegan/vegetarian restaurants in the area.. without us even asking. Very sweet! The tvs were incredibly clear and bright. The room decor was modern and beautiful. We loved the fact that we could dim the lights. Our view was beautiful too.
The only thing I wished they had was a small coffee maker in our room. However, there was coffee and teas available around the clock downstairs.
Also, our room did not have a tub... but the shower was very nice...

We would love to stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great find just off St. Louis Univ. campus and close to downtown. Opened just a year the Ignacio provides very comfortable rooms with a botique feel. Friendly and effcient service, Rachel (sales Mgr.) went out of her way to insure we were comfortable and Andrew at the front desk was incredible. Very welcoming hotel! Very close to the Fox Theater and 10 minutes to the Arch.

Room Tip: West side rooms have a beautiful view of the church.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a tech savy, green, boutique style hotel. Nick, the assistant manager, was very helpful with everything we needed from cab ride, to razor, to delivering a small refrigerator to our room, and directions. We have stayed here a few times before when we were looking at SLU (Saint Louis University). We have always had a clean, comfortable room and have always delt with friendly, 'what can I help you with' staff. I am picky about a clean room (especially a bathroom) and I have never felt the need to use my lysol wipes at this hotel! Our room didn't have a sitting area, but did have a desk and chair. They have some of the most comfortable beds (Tempur-Pedic mattress) we have ever experienced in a hotel! We have used the small work-out room each time we have been there. It has everything we needed and we have always been the only ones using it. It is better than many hotels we have stayed at with exercise balls, weights, and yoga mats. I would like there to be some type of wipes to wipe down equipment after we are done though. But, it is clean and attended to. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance. One an Italian/pizza type of restaurant with whole wheat crust options and another restaurant right at the hotel which was great. I do worry about the safety of the car, but it sounds like SLU patrols the parking lot. Just like most hotels, we don't leave anything visible in the car. This is our first choice of a hotel when visiting Saint Louis U.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I will admit I'm kind of a hotel snob. I had to got to St. Louis for a family event and being from LA I had a lot of preconceived notions about St. Louis. Hotel Ignacio changed my mind! I loved this boutique style hotel. The staff was so accommodating and there was not an ounce of ego. They offer kindles which I thought was super cool. Although I had my iPad just the thought put into every aspect of the experience was not lost on me. The lobby felt like I was in a place all my own. Even the music playlist caught my attention. It had some super cool songs i hadnt heard of and some other songs that i knew but seemed cooler next to the other stuff. I spent my fair share of time using shazam to add to my music library. I would totally recommend this hotel. All of the attention to detail, the friendly and helpful staff, and the amazing comfortable bed, made me feel like I was on some fabulous vacation. I would definitely come back to Hotel Ignacio.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hotel Ignacio made the experience of a lifetime for my fiance'and I. The experience was so great we decided to become regulars and use Hotel Ignacio, Suite 509 as our getaway spot! The hotel was nice, neat, and clean. The best part is the location is near downtown St.Louis and right next door to the wonderful Triumph restaurant! Anything you need the hotel trys to make it happen! There is such convenience inside the rooms Bose ipod speakers,huge plasma tvs in the living area and bedroom, even a nice size plasma in the bathroom. Oh Let's not forget about the fireplace, separate shower with I don't know about 6 shower heads, jacuzzi tub, heated floors, bathrobes, and a nice view. They also have themes the different floors are labled with famous Artist which I love! Its quiet convenient and near everything. I myself am very picky when it comes to where I lay my head and with HOTEL IGNACIO there is definitely no competition in that area! :-)

• Stayed June 2012