“Best Hotel in St. Louis by far”
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Hotel Ignacio
Ranked #41 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I am not one to write reviews on hotels, but I certainly feel this one is well deserved. I travel a great deal and stay in many different types of hotels. When comparing this hotel to the other 5 star places I have stayed, I would stay at Hotel Ignacio over those any day. The staff was incredibely attentive. The rooms and decor are outstanding and the beds created one of the best nights sleep I have had on the road. I only wish this hotel could be cloned in other cities that I travel. The location of the hotel is perfect for anything you could possibly want. It is blocks from downtown. It has great restaurants within walking distance and you can get to any freeway within seconds. You would absolutely be crazy not to stay at Hotel Ignacio while staying in St. Louis.

Room Tip: Any room you stay in within the hotel is going to be perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 7, 2011

New Yorker, jaded, seen it all. But, nice surprise this place. rooms are great the lobby is like my rich in-laws living room but the real thing is the service - it is exactly what a new yorker expects from the Midwest all these ivory soap kids sweet as pie. If I gotta come back I will def stay here again. Oh, maybe this is the going rate for great places in Saint Louis, but I would haev apid three times in NYC what I paid here.

Room Tip: I heard each room was different but my was cool - there was even a creepy plaster hand on the wall t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Being a corporate meeting planner, and living in South Florida for many years- I have had the luxury of staying in a wide variety of luxury hotels locally and around the world..
What a nice surprise to find this property after going home to St. Louis for a friend’s wedding..
From the moment we walked into the well-appointed lobby, I knew we were in for something special in St. Louis.
After a long day of travel, the staff could not have been more welcoming, accommodating and helpful. The public spaces are tastefully decorated and the attention to detail was impressive.
I felt right at home, if only my home could look that good.. The guest rooms are comfortable and quiet, and the bed is more comfortable than my own at home (isn't that always the way in great hotels?!) and the glass enclosed rain shower warmed us up after some rainy days in the city.
I would chose this property over the larger chains in town without question.
Perfect for a small group as the property has around 55 rooms.
A wonderful experience all around in an emerging neighborhood of St. Louis.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mika33487
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I am staying here as I bring my son to his last year at SLU. Although this new hotel is still working through a few growing pains, the staff's willingness to accommodate makes stating here a lovely experience. To the hotel, I'd recommend one or two more hooks in the bathroom as limited counterspace makes it tough to set down a towel and beware of the sharp corners on the platform beds which are black and at a perfect hight for a good shin bruise and it's at the very top end of my budget.
All in all though... Fantastic. They have done such a great job remodeling and updating the older building that it makes me long for my younger loft days, and the overall atmosphere is fun and inviting.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed here for two nights during a business trip. I usually come to STL once every 2 or 3 months for work and have tried a couple of "boutique" style spots and usually just fail over to the Marriott or another big box chain to get the points. However, I decided to try Ignacio and am hooked. This place is great.

The location is convenient and if not, they offer free bikes. The decor and furniture selections are clean and modern. The design is very nice and although I wouldn't call it ultra modern (my preference), it does the trick. The art on the wall is great as well.

I am a huge motorcycle enthusiast and was impressed to find that the hotel is attached (and all share the same ownership group if I'm not mistaken) to a Ducati/Triumph dealership, a moto-themed restaurant/bar and a fantastic vintage moto museum. Very cool!

I'll be back for sure and would recommend this place over ANY of the other 20 or so hotels that I've stayed at in STL. Enjoy --

PS... My only complaint is that there is no valet. Not that I like valet, but having to park, check in and then go back out to your car w/ a ticket is a hassle. Not a huge one, but worth noting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Visited this hotel with girl friends for a girls night out! This new hotel did not disappoint! Great location, great staff, awesome rooms!! Front desk staff Josh and Nick were great! Made sure our evening was off to a great start by helping with cab rides! The rooms are modern, clean, and unique! One friend said she felt like we were in SOHO! Overall would certainly recommend this new hotel to anyone! One extra tip, Triumph Grill in the bottom floor of the hotel is a wonderful restaurant!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Love this little gem. Clean, quiet, staff is wonderful. Didn't eat in the cafe but the food looked really good. Excellent across the board!

• Stayed: August 2011