“Totally enjoyable night”

Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
Simi Valley
“Totally enjoyable night”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We went to the Farmhaus with my family to celebrate our son's college graduation. They set up a table in a quieter part of the restaurant and the service was superb. The food is ordered so that everyone can share, which is fun. Everything was excellent especially the soup, snapper and steak. They really made us feel special with the attention given to us.

• Visited May 2014

Columbia, Illinois
“Awesome night for Farmhaus”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What is really good for me, when it comes to writing about Farmhaus, is that they change their menu so much that every time I have gone there, they have a different menu. Things that are locally found change throughout the weather patterns and the seasons so everything is new and different. My wife and I went to Farmhaus this past Friday night. We thought that we would enjoy our Black Friday out while the rest of the world was still shopping.

Farmhouse had a special tasting menu and with some seafood items on the menu, my wife grabbed that as I went ahead and ordered two larger plates from the regular menu.

So, she started her's with a little chef's tasting of a little corn cake with some yummy things on it: like shaved foie gras.

She then had a dish which was potatoes, mushrooms, foamed up eggs and caviar. Then the next dish in her tasting list was a sun choke soup with mushrooms on top. She then had the Bay Scallop Gratin. Next came a pork loin, with apples and greens and a mustard sauce. That was all finished with a plate with a piece of chocolate cake and a piece of a coffee flavored cake with little flavors that added up to a Bourbon stout.

Here is how you can judge if the food is good enough for my wife: if she eats all of it or as much as she can. My wife is on a diet and if she eats the food and loves every bite of it and is willing to come back, then you know it has to be good.

What did I get? I ordered the Porchetta dish. It is done in a Korean style with home-made kimchi. The pork belly is sliced thick and cooked tender so it has that looks and smell and taste of bacon and goes so well with the warm puffy pancake like buns. I like this at a 4 out of 5 stars.

I finished with the bacon meatloaf, which may not seem so great at first, but they slice off these big chunks of meatloaf and then wrap them in bacon, like a Filet Mignon. There wasn't a dry part in the whole dish. The yellow potato mash was good at sucking up excess sauce giving it more flavor. The crunchy onions went well with the tiny pearl onions and everything just went well together. I'd say a good 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5 on this one.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Lots of Flavors”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a good place to try many things but not your traditional meal. They have the "tapas" type limited menu. Everything we tried was unique and tasty, be it small portion. I was taken back that they had no bread or crackers for my salad and I can't say the wine pour was sufficient for the price paid. It's a fun experience and a fairly small but comfortable atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great fast lunch”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stopped in for lunch, because I had heard the dinners were good. It was right after a big snow, so they had a couple more options for lunch. They usually only offer a couple different "blue plate" lunches. I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf, which came with a salad and a glass of tea for $10. It was definitely worth it. Will be back although I don't make it into the city much for lunch. We also had the fried chicken which was good as well.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, great time!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband took me here with three other couples for my birthday and I have to say it was a very memorable one! From the start they greeted us and treated us like family. I loved the atmosphere, the food, and hospitality. Some of our guest ordered steak, some seafood but trust me there were no complaints it was all delicious down to the deserts.
Kevin the chef/owner is awesome and hands on not only in the kitchen but out visiting with his guests at their tables as well.
Looking forward to visiting again soon for another great meal and great time.

• Visited January 2014