“Every day new perfection” 5 of 5 bubbles

Farmhaus
Ranked #237 of 2,832 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Every day new perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Camaraderie and the aroma of good food, good wine fill the rooms.
Invisible good service while a chuckle of good conversations. Love
this place! Every plate, smartly done, from the salad to the dessert.
World-class kitchen. Thanks to the Chef. Get a reservation. Jerry C.

• Visited February 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice concept, food was ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and decided to try Farmhaus. I LOVE the concept, local, sustainable food. The service was great. The servers were very informative about the menu. The food was pretty good. We did not care for any of the meat that we tried. The cheeses were amazing. The sweet potato nachos were fantastic and the rest of the dishes we tried were tasty. Overall it was a good experience.

• Visited October 2012
missouri
“Sophisticated, fresh, delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is one of the two best restaurants, worldwide, I've experienced. (The other is at the southern tip of Argentina--I do mean worldwide.) The chef is committed to locally produced ingredients and the results are fresh and imaginative. My friend and I each raved over a mixed greens and exotic mushroom salad with a very subtle bacon dressing. I followed with a grilled, spice crusted salmon over some sort of grain (can't remember what). Mine was good, but my friend's pork chop was fabulous--I can't tell you exactly why, but the flavor was really good. I think it was grilled, it was a little crunchy on top and it was served over a freshly sauteed cabbage, I think. Dessert--mine was a walnut cake and his was, I think, apple crisp, was also delicious. Two observations: The food comes out as it is finished. My friend's pork chop arrived about five minutes before my salmon. The waiter advises you of this ahead of time and suggests sharing the food as it arrives, which we did. Also, the waiter will tell you the portions are small--and they are. I'm not a big fan of gargantuan servings but I have to say that the salmon serving verged on scanty, maybe 2.5-3 ounces. Just not quite enough. We almost, but not quite, wished we'd had a third entree. So, be warned if you are a big eater. (The pork chop entree was just about right in size.)

The atmosphere is informal--like date night informal, not casual but definitely not white glove, linen table cloth stuffy. Relaxed and enjoyable, and we could hear one another in normal conversational tones.

On a Friday night, the place was crowded....reservations highly recommended although, if you can be flexible, they will try to fit you in.

3257 Ivanhoe Avenue St. Louis, MO 63139
(314) 647-3800

• Visited October 2012
Madison, MS
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our group of three friends had a wonderful meal and experience at Farmhaus last week. We made a reservation a few days in advance, and upon our early arrival, we were quickly seated at an outside table, as requested. Each of us ordered a different salad, the Blue Plate, the Summer Salad and the Mushroom Salad. Each one of these was very fresh and very different. I think overall, the Blue Plate, which arrived last of the three was our favorite. All of us ordered the same entree, the Ehu Snapper. The presentation was beautiful and it was the best snapper I have ever had. The potatoes and fried green tomatoes that accompanied the snapper were a perfect balance to the meal. Our server, Matt, was attenttive and very well informed about the menu and made excellent suggestions.

• Visited September 2012
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foodies look no further”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Thanks to the chef and staff for one of my most favorite dining experiences of all time! I heard about Farmhaus because of tripadvisor and am forever grateful. We called the day of for a reservation and were given clear directions to the restaurant. Our server was Desi, who happily answered my many questions about the beer\food\dessert menu. If you are looking for clever creations around local vegetables and fantastic fish you have found it. Please go and enjoy as much as I did!

• Visited July 2012