“Wonderful exhibits for the entire family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Missouri History Museum

Missouri History Museum
Ranked #17 of 243 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Missouri History Museum preserves St. Louis and Missouri history through exhibitions, programs, research, publications, archives and permanent collections. Visitors discover stories of Lewis & Clark and westward expansion, the 1904 World's Fair, the brewing industry, Lindbergh and aviation history, St. Louis' importance to the civil rights movement, and more. Long-term exhibitions include "Seeking St. Louis" and "1904 World's Fair: Looking Back at Looking Forward." Visit the Museum's website for information on special exhibitions.
great midwest
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Wonderful exhibits for the entire family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I think this museum is a bit of a "forgotten treasure" in St Louis. The exhibits are always interesting and varied, with something for everyone. I recently took my 18 month old granddaughter and she enjoyed the experience, as have my young nieces and nephews. I have found that a membership is a wonderful way to both support the museum and see all the exhibits, as well as stay informed on everything that is being offered. I would urge everyone to visit this museum.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank readytotravel95

• Czech first
  • Korean first
St. Louis, MO USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Mundane and weak exhibits;”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Occasional good traveling exhibits; semi-permanent exhibits are not well done, not particularly interesting; not of current interest; Missouri in the Civil War exhibit had a number of misspellings on the plaques and some incorrect information; Recent disclosure of huge funds wasted on the key administer coupled with local spending scandals

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Leonard K
Republic, Missouri, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tons of entertaining exhibits for the whole family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited the History Museum with my husband and our 2-year-old daughter. My husband and I loved the set-up and the availability of random facts (not just the same information that you will find in a high school social studies book!) I was very surprised at all the "hand-on" exhibits and it was more than enough to keep my toddler's attention. We didn't pay for any of the separate exhibits, but we felt there was more than enough to look at for free.

Visited January 2013
Bismarck, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“One of the More Interesting Places in the City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love history... the more ancient the better, and this museum has enough exhibits to keep me interested for hours.

Visited September 2012
United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Civil War in St. Louis Exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved this exhibit, it showed the role St. Louis played in the Civil War. On Tuesdays, St. Louis City and County residents can get free admission to the museum exhibits between 2 and 8 pm (I believe, unsure of exact times).

Visited November 2012