“Tons of entertaining exhibits for the whole family.”

Missouri History Museum
Ranked #13 of 266 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Missouri History Museum preserves St. Louis and Missouri history through exhibitions, programs, research, publications, archives and permanent collections. Visitors discover stories of Lewis & Clark and westward expansion, the 1904 World's Fair, the brewing industry, Lindbergh and aviation history, St. Louis' importance to the civil rights movement, and more. Long-term exhibitions include "Seeking St. Louis" and "1904 World's Fair: Looking Back at Looking Forward." Visit the Museum's website for information on special exhibitions.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited the History Museum with my husband and our 2-year-old daughter. My husband and I loved the set-up and the availability of random facts (not just the same information that you will find in a high school social studies book!) I was very surprised at all the "hand-on" exhibits and it was more than enough to keep my toddler's attention. We didn't pay for any of the separate exhibits, but we felt there was more than enough to look at for free.

There are newer reviews for Missouri History Museum

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love history... the more ancient the better, and this museum has enough exhibits to keep me interested for hours.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved this exhibit, it showed the role St. Louis played in the Civil War. On Tuesdays, St. Louis City and County residents can get free admission to the museum exhibits between 2 and 8 pm (I believe, unsure of exact times).

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a great gift to tourists. All the museums are free in the city. The History museum is in Forest Park site of the World's Fair. Excellent museum. Be sure to eat at the Bixby Cafe..it was superb!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We saw the George Washington display (temporary and ending soon). They had several other interesting displays, too.