“Very cool place, great decorations and awesome staff”
Review of Blueberry Hill

Blueberry Hill
Ranked #133 of 3,068 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Blueberry Hill is a restaurant and music club filled with pop culture memorabilia. We’re located in The Loop along the St. Louis Walk of Fame near the Moonrise Hotel.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did not eat dinner there, I just had some drinks and watched a live show by living legend Chuck Berry downstairs in the Duck Room, who apparently plays there a couple of times per month. What a fantastic experience! The tickets were only $35 and, of course, were all sold out, but I called and was able to pick up a couple from the bar that came available. My colleague ended up not being able to come and the lady taking the tickets at the door actually offered to sell mine for me so I wouldn't have to wait around, then gave me the money after the show! Unbelievably nice! Apparently you can often find tickets for sale at the door if you aren't able to get them ahead of time, just arrive a little early.

The acoustics in the Duck Room were not perfect, but it was still good and, as a small venue, it was a fairly intimate performance. There was a decent selection of beer on tap and very reasonable prices...I had three drinks and it only came to $13.50... : )

The entire place was decorated with memorabilia and mounted animal heads, which gave it a unique flair. Some of my local colleagues warned me that the surrounding area can get a little dicey in the evening, but when I arrived there was plenty of parking available close to the venue and I didn't see anything sketchy looking going on.

This is a great local place, I had a good time there and I can't believe I got to see Chuck Berry perform from about 15 feet away for all of $48.50 (including three beers). What a great night!
I will definitely go back next time I am in St. Louis.

marlaBBH, Public Relations Manager at Blueberry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

So glad you were able to see Chuck Berry perform live and enjoyed the show. We appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience and hope you visit us again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Came on a Friday for lunch and the place was not crowded at all. A lot of the customers opted to sit outside but we went in. Ordered a burger and fish and chips. Both were okay but nothing special. On a positive side, the prices seemed very reasonable for a tourist area.

marlaBBH, Public Relations Manager at Blueberry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks so much for dining with us while you were in the St. Louis area! We hope you come back and visit the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This isn't the first time I've eaten here and every time is worse than the last. You'd think I'd learn. HOWEVER, this time was a special event. My daughter turned 15 and wanted to celebrate by taking some of her good friends on an adventure in the city. She wanted to start on Delmar at U City Loop. he and her friends had never eaten at Blueberry Hill and it seemed like a fun thing to do.

There were 4 of us, myself and 3 teenage girls and we arrived at around 8 pm. We were greeted by a not so friendly male host. Before saying hello, or saying anything welcoming to us, our host announced that we would not be allowed to stay past 10 pm? I asked why, NOT because I'd intended to stay for 2 hours with my teenagers but because I was curious. He gave us a most annoyed look and told me that they didn't "serve minors" and they would not be allowed to drink. DUH. lol Okay, we were just there to eat and I promised that I wouldn't be there "partying with my girls". We were eventually seated after 20 minutes. That was acceptable because this was a Friday night.

The girls and I, as always, enjoyed the atmosphere. There's a lot of musical memorabilia and beautiful neon lights.

There's no smoking inside so there non smokers won't be inconvenienced. I guess that's a plus for non smokers and for smokers who don't want to breath other people's smoke while eating.

Service was decent, aside from the terrible host. The food was TERRIBLE. I ordered fried zucchini as an appetizer. My order was burned. Zucchini was soggy on the inside of the burnt breading. I also ordered mac and cheese. It was tasteless. The girls ordered burgers and chicken wings. One of the burgers was good. The other burger was burned. The chicken wings were just average. Oh and they won't even sing for the birthday people. I thought that was a bummer. The waiter told me that they don't ever do anything special for birthday people.

All in all it just wasn't a good experience. Two stars is probably too much. The atmosphere won the 2 stars. The host and the food were really bad. We live near St. Louis and visit the U City Loop often but I promise to always remember that the food never gets better. If I DO go back again, it will be because of the music or maybe to grab a drink with friends... but I doubt it.

For the 4 of us to eat it cost $60.00 plus. I don't mind paying this much but I'd hoped the food was a little more edible.

marlaBBH, Public Relations Manager at Blueberry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed in your visit. We do require our hosts to let guests know the rule about minors. If you could give us a description of the host we can look into the incident in more detail. You can reach us at admin@blueberryhill.com. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere and our memorabilia collection. We hope to resolve this situation to your satisfaction and hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a must do for St Louis - I loved the quirky interior with lots of memorabilia spanning decades - from stuffed animals on the walls todolls of The Beatles in packed display cabinets. The atmosphereis nice, it's busy and inviting. Food was ok, though nothing special. We ate a light lunch and was average. Recommend going to this spot as the decor is great and lots of photo opportunities. This neighbourhood 'The Loop' is special and worth a visit.

marlaBBH, Public Relations Manager at Blueberry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

So glad to hear that you are a fan of our decor and took the time to post about your visit. We hope you'll choose to come back and see us the next time you're in St. Louis.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food is nothing special. My friends had burgers. I had pastrami on a pretzel roll. Good service and nice selection of beers. I would go back for the atmosphere, but not necessarily for the food.

1  Thank Philip_Wilson

Thanks for coming into our place while you were in the area and taking the time to post. We hope you'll give some of the other items on our extensive menu a try if you are in the area again.