“Great Steakhouse” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1904 Steakhouse

1904 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
1904 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #460 of 2,875 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South Broadway
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Ate at 1904 on a casino visit in January. Overall, it was very good. A little pricey, but it was a special occasion. I ordered a steak with the in house steak sauce and it was wonderful. Prepared perfectly. The sides were great as well. Ordered the mac and cheese and it was great as well. Would recommend this as one of the better steakhouses in St. Louis.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

St. Louis, Missouri
“"What a Pleasant Surprise"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I dined at 1904 on our anniversary and returned just a week or two later.
The food is so well prepared by Katie. It is presented beautifully and every bite is delicious. And-- before dinner-- enjoy a cocktail and pleasant conversation in the bar with Andrew.
1904 has become a definite MUST on our list.

• Visited February 2014
St. Louis, MO
“Quite possibly the best steak I have ever had...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Until now, I haven't associate a top notch steaks with the St. Louis casinos. The prevalent dinning experience for the casinos around here are the buffets, which are o.k. When we went to the 1904 Steakhouse at River City Casino, I was fully expecting a "decent" steak. The drinks we had prior to dinner (at the steakhouse bar), were a little pricey but well poured and the staff knew their bourbons. We all skipped the appetizers and opted just for steak dinners. My wife and I had the bone-in 22oz. ribeyes with melted garlic butter over them. It was fabulous! The steak was perfectly cooked, excellent quality, and just the right amount of garlic butter to enhance the flavor, but not dominate the taste of the steak. I am not easily won-over by a steak either. I consider myself a well beyond average steak cook and a steak fan. I normally do not order steaks in mid-level restaurants, because I can do better myself. I had recently been to a well known, high-end steak house chain here in St. Louis, and it wasn't as good at the 1904 Steakhouse steak. All our side dishes were good, except the Cajun mac and cheese wasn't very Cajun, but it was good. Everyone at the table of 6 had steaks, two were fillets and the rest were ribeyes. As we finished our steaks/dinners, we all discussed what was the "best" steak we ever had. All of us sat and discussed what was the best steak they had eaten, and this steak was in everyone's top few steaks they had eaten. I said that it was probably the best steak I have had that, I could remember. We all agreed that it was the best steak we have eaten in the St. Louis area.

As for price, it seemed a little pricey, but I haven't been to a high end steak house that wasn't. As for the rest of the entree's, I can't tell you much. I don't order chicken or fish at a high end steakhouse, that's not what I am there for. so, if your looking for a high quality steak in the St. Louis area, this is definitely one you must try.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank pkfirefighter
Wheeling, Illinois
“fun and great food in River City Casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

not inexpensive but well worth the price.
While others in our party enjoyed steak cooked to perfection,
I had an excellent Rack of Lamb
Tender, meaty and cooked pink throughout.
served on augratin potatoes
server was great
wonderful meal
reservations suggested on Friday nite

• Visited November 2013
Bloomington, Illinois
“Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Did not eat at the 1904 this trip but have in past visits and it is wonderful. Service is great and the food is wonderful.

Visited October 2013