“Nice atmosphere but very pricy.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prime 1000 - CLOSED

Prime 1000
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10 th Street
Transit: Metrolink stop at 8th and Pine or Convention Center
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Nice atmosphere but very pricy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Meal was quite expensive even though we only had appetizers to cut cost. Nice atmosphere and food we ordered was really good as long as you come expecting a high price point.

1 Thank Cutiepatootie

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not quite what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm always looking for the next great steakhouse. Prime 1000 boasts dry aging its own beef, for which I was immediately impressed with. I visited this restaurant on a Sunday evening, and was surprised to say the least when my guest and I were the only patrons there! This wasn't necessarily a negative for me, but an empty restaurant almost always is an ominous sign. Prime 1000 had a nice, Art Deco-type themed atmosphere that was aesthetically pleasing. Our server was friendly and seemed to have a good understanding of the menu. However, with the higher end prices charged, it was unsettling to see the service staff wearing jeans. It takes away from the upscale, swanky vibe that the restaurant is trying to portray.

If this review was based off steak alone, Prime 1000 would have hit it out of the park. I had a Black Angus Ribeye done with a red wine reduction sauce that was exquisite! It was cooked to my preferences and very flavorful. In fact, as someone who routinely dines at high end restaurants, I'm comfortable in saying that this is one of the better places in Saint Louis for steak.

Unfortunately, the my salad, sides, and bread were truly lacking. The house made salad dressing had too mild of a flavor for my taste and completely underwhelmed the salad. The macaroni and cheese was made in a very thin sauce, and again, too mild of a flavor. I could barely taste the cheese! This was so disappointing that I had that side dish sent back. However, to the restaurant's credit, they graciously offered to replace it with something else. I chose the loaded baked potato, which was better, but still nothing to write home about. The accompanying bread was made Hawaiian style. This was an interesting choice, as it goes away from the norm of what most people see in a steakhouse. Again though, it tasted bland and reminiscent of store bought King's Hawaiian rolls that had been microwaved. The dessert was comped, but I didn't bother to taste it. I was too disappointed in Prime 1000 as a whole. With a few tweaks though, this place may actually be worthy of its high price tag, but not quite yet.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
www.2soaringhearts.com
“Prime 1000 is a Prime Eatery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

There is nothing negative to say in this review. Our dining experience was exceptional from the moment we placed our reservation until we walked out the door sated and very happy. We had a little hiccup that had nothing to do with the restaurant. The concierge at our hotel screwed up by forgetting to make the reservation. We arrived with no warning and were greeted like old friends. The hostess did everything within her powers to give us a nice table. "How about this one looking out onto the street?" Well yeah! Our server Sanjay was very pleasant, very knowledgeable about the food and the wine list and he was an all around charming guy. Great fun. Sanjay guided us to a champagne that was more to our tastes for an opener. He helped us select a very lovely wine for our dinner that was moderately priced and in fact, was one of the lower priced bottles on the menu. His description of the shrimp ceviche appetizer special was so intriguing, we didn't need any more info to make our choice. My wife and I try to exercise some portion control so we shared a 10 oz. filet that was brilliantly prepared and the very finest, most tender, juiciest beef we've had in sometime. We ordered two sides to share as well. We had a truffled, creamed spinach and a sweet potato hash. Both were exceptional. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, the manager comped us on the champagne AND dessert! Sanjay described a chocolate cake made with beets. I know, it didn't excite us either. So, to be sure we were happy, he brought a gooey butter cake topped with vanilla ice cream just in case we didn't like the beet chocolate cake. I sampled both and have no complaints about either cake. I wasn't wild about the beet mousse that topped the chocolate cake but that is a very small complaint and strictly my personal taste. We were so well taken care of and so enjoyed the meal that I know we will most certainly return to Prime 1000. The prices are a little high, but this is fine dining and the portions are much more than large enough for sharing.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank BilltheArtist
Champaign, Illinois
“Save your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

If your looking for a good steak house, this is not the place to go! I hate to give bad reviews. Like the old saying goes. " if you don't have something nice to say, you know the rest. First of all, my steak was cold. Second, the name says prime. No way. My steak was tough and had so much grissel. This place is way over priced for the quality. We were with about 8 other people and there steaks were ok at best. Service was rushed. They seemed like they wanted us out of there to seat other people. Btw,Not very kid friendly. Try somewhere else.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very pleased with our dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was a little hesitate to try Prime 1000 after reading recent negative reviews, but I think some changes have been made to the restaurant. We were very pleased with our dining experience this week. The decor and atmosphere were wonderfully beautiful. Our server was amazingly helpful and friendly. Our steaks were some of the most delicious steaks we ever have eaten, and we've been to a lot of steakhouses.We added a couple of sauces for the steaks to try, which were a great addition, but the steaks were very flavorful on their own. The side dishes were good, not great though. We had mac and cheese, garlic mashed potatoes, loaded baked potato, and vegetables. The desserts were very good-three flavors of ice cream, almond chocolate cake, and homemade cookies. For those people questioning whether to patronize this restaurant, don't question it, try it. I think you will be happy.

• Visited August 2012