“Best Breakfast Buffet!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Omelet bar where you can watch them make your create-your-own omelet. Belgian waffle maker, ready made scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and hashbrowns. Yogurt and fruit bar. Cereal, milk, and juice stand.... all to name a few. Gorgeous restaurant centralized in the hotel. Worth every penny. Will go again

Trisha1904, Manager at Red Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hi, my name is Trisha Lucas and I am the Assistant Manager of Red Kitchen and Bar. I am so pleased to hear that you loved our buffet! We take pride in our buffet and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I ordered the $16.95 breakfast buffet. It was a very good option and not too bad of a hotel breakfast price considering it included coffee and juice. They had make to order omelets with lots of ingredient options. The pastries were excellent! They had bacon, sausages, hashbrowns, pancakes, make to order waffles, oatmeal, cheeses, and a juice selection. The bacon seemed overcooked to me, but no complaints with the rest of the food. Overall a quick and filling start to the day before heading off to a day of meetings!

Hi, my name is Trisha Lucas and I am the Assistant Manager for Red Kitchen and Bar. I want to personally thank you for your great review! We take pride in our breakfast buffet and am so glad you had a good start to your day!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Came across Red by chance but glad we did.

The menu seemed wholesome and healthy and so it was. Large bowls of tasty chicken noodle soup with plenty of vegetables went down a treat. We followed this with grilled chicken. The kitchen messed up on one order of sides but this was duly corrected by the charming wait staff. The chicken was well prepared and satisfying.

All in all, an unexpectedly pleasant experience

I am so happy to hear you loved our menu! My name is Trisha and I am one of the Assistant Managers here at Red Kitchen and Bar and am happy to hear our staff and food was fantastic!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I enjoyed hanging out at the Red Bar while staying at the Hyatt. I normally do not spend a lot of time at a bar in the hotel. However, the staff that night were very laid back on a very busy night as their was a big basketball team with their very loyal fans staying at the hotel who had taken over the bar.

The staff working the bar were amazing! Thomas was definitely a GREAT bartender. His drinks were amazing. He is very creative when making drinks. So if you are wanting to try something new while he is on shift you will not be disappointed. Paige was amazing as well...watching her balance the customers and still taking orders from the waitress working the tables. Cetham (not sure I am spelling her name right) was also amazing. She was called in to help out with the crowd and not once did you see/sense that she had been called in. They all had great customer service skills after working double shifts for the last couple of days.

I did order off the menu and the food wasn't bad however I did not visit the restaurant during full up hours so I am not sure how the other foods were as I had the grilled cheese sandwich with 4 different cheeses and the fried calamari. Both which were great!

Definitely recommend stopping in the bar area if these three working as you will have excellent customer service from them all.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Tip: I recommend the breakfast buffet

Pros: simple but good food, our servers were very nice and helpful, good value for money

Cons: few options, during the breakfast the staff is too eager which sometimes
made me feel uncomfortable (they should be more relaxed)

We had DINNER: tomato chowder with a crostini, a minestrone soup and a individual veggie pizza that we shared. Everything was tasty and fresh (no frozen pizza).
For restaurant in a hotel is very good and I would give it 3 stars/half.

We also had BREAKFAST: buffet. It was included in our package. There were many options: several types of cereals (I liked the homemade granola), waffles, french toast, eggs, cakes, juices, oatmeal, bread...
I loved the waffles. They were really good.

RedStl, Manager at Red Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Hi Helena,
My name is rachel and I am one of the Assistant Managers in red Kitchen. We are glad you like the buffet, we strive to make sure its the best in downtown St. Louis. And yes, everything is fresh, no frozen pizzas here! Thanks again Helena.