“Average but convenient location”
Review of Kota Wood Fire Grill - CLOSED

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washingtion
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had an early dinner before the show at the Fox. Nice interior, nice view, would have preferred outside seating. We were promptly seated (had reservations) & waiter was immediately there with menus. We ordered drinks & food at the same time since we had a limited amount of time. Received drinks promptly, had to ask twice for water refills. Received food in a timely manner. The sweet potato fries were awesome & the burger was great. Fish tacos were so-so. Would not order them again. We reordered drinks, received them, and never saw our waiter again. Had to ask another server for the bill. The staff seemed overwhelmed by the before-theatre crowd, which is amazing since this happens every evening.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my fourth time at Kota. It will be my last. They just can't handle the crowd. It is across the street from the Fox Theatre and a block away from Powell Symphony Hall. There is not enough wait staff to handle the people and the kitchen must be understaffed.
The food is just average. You can make reservations, but once you get there it will take about 45 minutes to get your food. Not a good thing when you need to be at the theatre.

1  Thank LibbyStLouisMo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just ate at Kato's last night before going to the Fox. We have always been waited on immediately and gotten our food in a timely manner. The only problem we have ever had is once we have our food, the waiter does not return very quickly to see of everything is ok. But we only go on nights that we are going to the Fox and it is packed, so we just go with the flow.

1  Thank J-W
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Every time we go to the Fox, we eat at Kota! The menu is diverse, the food is good, the prices are reasonable, the portions are plentiful, and the staff is helpful and friendly. The owners even came over and introduced themselves and made sure we were being well taken care of. We'll be back!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This first time I ate here I really enjoyed the place, but on each occasion since then there have been issues. This time they were out of 2 wine choices (which made me remember...this has happened before!) IF they are no longer going to carry them, they LINE them out on the menu!! Fish tacos were the most bland, boring ones I have ever eaten! My wine glass came with obvious lipstick marks on it--not mine! When I notified the waiter, he offered us free drinks. When the bill came, he had only compted 1 drink, not my friends and mine. Service was very slow. The location is the only thing that was good, but with all the other places within 2 blocks of the Fox Theatre and Powell Hall, I will dine elsewhere. This place is not living up to it's reputation. It was my friends first visit here, and she was very interested in trying it as she and her husband attend many events nearby also, but her food was also bland, and the inaccuracy of the menu were issues.