“Lunch, with Faucets”

Dining options: Late Night
usa
“Lunch, with Faucets”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We ate here on the road this weekend. good burgers. OK hit me for this but it's an intellectual biker-foodie bar-restaurant. Much emphasis on music and high-end glass etchings of pan heads. Plus a couple of Choppers and a James Dean photo.

While we were there for lunch, this must be packed during a non-Thanksgiving week, with families and friends for lunch, then transitioning to a concert crowd on weekends.

Let's hope it's a successful mix because we liked it.

• Visited November 2012

Kirkwood, Missouri
“Smallest mushroom appetizer ever”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I still joke about how measly the food was. We ordered the fried mushrooms as an appetizer. I think they were $7.50, and there were 8 of them. Not 8 large, plump mushrooms either, but 8 small mushrooms that looked so sad on the plate. We decided someone MUST have eaten some before it got to us, because that was the tiniest appetizer we had ever seen. They weren't so fabulous that it made us forget how skimpy the order was either. For dinner boyfriend ordered the prime rib sandwich and I ordered the highway tacos with tilapia. The tacos had good flavors, but again, the fish portion was miniscule. My boyfriend said the prime rib sandwich was average. Disappointed and won't be back.

• Visited June 2012
Omaha, NE
“So good we ate here twice!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were guests staying at the Holiday Inn. (This restaurant is attached to the Holiday Inn) When we arrived to check in we could see they were having bike night here and my husband just had to go. Bike Night was great and they had live music. The restaurant is motorcycle themed but not a biker bar. More like a Hard Rock Cafe style place. They had live music both nights we went. The waitresses dress on the skimpy side, think Hooters, but not so bad we couldn't take our kids in for dinner though. The food was great! We loved the shredded pork sandwich and the fish and chips. Everyone was really friendly and the manager kept stopping by to see if we needed anything. I wish we had a place like this near my house. Guess we will have to make another trip to St. Louis again!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MeganRN
Crestwood, Missouri
“Great food, nice decor”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This place is near my house, which makes it really convenient for me. I first went in late one evening while on my way home from seeing my husband in the hospital. I was famished, it was getting late and I didn't expect too much. I just couldn't stand the thought of a Denny's meal. They won me over from the first bite.
The salad was real greens and lettuce, not just a bunch of iceberg turning brown. It was flavorful and fresh. Then came the steak, cooked just the way I ordered it and tender. Then the home-style chips. Yummy! Topped it all off with a Margarita. I'm picky about my Margaritas; sweet, but not too sweet. Plenty of crunchy salt on the glass. Enough tequila that you know it's there, but not enough to over-whelm the mix. Guess what? I've been back!......many times. I've never had a bad server or a bad meal.

I'm hooked.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank DreamOnYall
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Always a good time at the Mile!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have been going to Mile 277 since shorty after they opened. I have alway had good experiences with the servers, bartenders and other wait staff - and on the rare occassion there has been a problem, they have made it right. A large group of us are usually there every Saturday night - we love the live music and all of the different types of artists that come through. It's refreshing to hear so many different styles of music supported. The food is fresh and tasty - it can take awhile sometimes when it's really busy, but it is worth it. I enjoy the atmosphere and appreciate the fact that it is clean and the parking lot is well lit. Also, they have a really nice patio which is great in the spring and summer. It can get crowded at times, but you're bound to run into that when you have a ncie bar with good food and drinks. I'll back to Mile again soon!

• Visited July 2012