“Horrible experience!!”

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible experience!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Please listen to the horrible reviews, they are 100% correct. Had it not been for the two couples joining us, my husband and I would of walked out. Location of mansion is in the ghetto.. We heard gun shots outside.. Literally. An armed security guard greats you upon arrival. The food was horrid.. Surprised we didn't get terribly sick. The actors even worse very cheesy, plot was very hard to follow. Not a murder mystery but a bad script wrote by someone who I assume was drunk. The price ..I won't even go there because as I said we almost walked out. Would not recommended, house should be condemned.. The owners should be ashamed!!

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Anomyous2014

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“We had a nice time.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I spent the evening at the Bissell Mansion. The dinner show was spread out into separate acts as the meal progressed. We had a nice time and the other 2 couples helped make the evening a lot more fun. We also met a family from Cincinnati that was visiting St. Louis for the weekend. Interaction with other people make these experiences more fun and enjoyable. The show was performed by a very nice couple and the audience had their parts assigned. I think most people had a lot of fun. The food was as it should be. The appetizers, salad, steak, bread and mousse were all good. One at our table had fish and one had chicken which they said was good as well. If you are looking for a dinner show that has style and is well polished, this is not the one. It is put one in what is claimed to be the oldest brick building in St. Louis and based on the other building in the neighborhood, that is probably correct.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Don C
Cahokia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I will never visit again”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Neighborhood is the least to be desired, mansion was a dump, food was disgusting and cold, entertainment was hard to follow and mediocre. Mansion is in a neighborhood but would never think it was where the directions send you. Also very overpriced and they should serve something other than pudding for dessert( chocolate mousse. Need to close or seriously remodel overhaul. Very dirty and waiter served soggy salads which were stacked on top of other not very sanitary and poppyseed dressing at my table had already been used I just prayed to leave in good health. Cold outside they only will only open at 6:30 no waiting area very uncomfortable setting.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Sassafran11
columbus
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good concept bad result”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Not a great night. Food was decidedly mediocre for the price and the "actors" were more sad than funny. Most of the speaking lines were from the audience and one poor person at my table had stipulated that he didn't want to participate but he had lines in every scene. The house is historic but pretty run down. I was disappointed.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank bucki55
Vandalia, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great food and great show.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We took my mom there this last Friday for her birthday and it was great. She really enjoyed herself. The food was great, the steak was well seasoned, juicy and tender. The potatoes were very good and the vegetables were surprisingly good. I played the character Mel J. Baarcoy, I was Mr. Scrooge's Janitor and turns out I was the one who killed him, which caught me by surprise! The Actors were very talented and friendly, they did a great job. The Mansion as an nice old elegant feel to the place.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank TSP1973
bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
And we enjoyed having you! Thanks for the great pictures!

Travelers who viewed Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre also viewed

Been to Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre? Share your experiences!