“Amazing chopped salad!!!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I ended up eating here because we arrived at our hotel late and it was the closest restaurant that was open and not terribly expensive. We walked in and I immediately loved the atmosphere. It was comfy, casual, and classy, but a tv at nearly every angle without being all "in your face". I ordered the Ale and onion soup and a chopped salad and DH ordered the bison burger. The soup came out so piping hot that I started with the salad first. After the first bite I didn't want to do anything but eat that for the rest of the night, I was quite literally the best salad I have ever experienced! Once I started on my soup it was still nice and hot and so very very yummy! I personally thought it was a little on the salty side, but not enough to make it unenjoyable. DH's bison burger was huge and he really enjoyed it. In fact, we enjoyed our experience so much we ate here again the next evening! And the food was just as good if not better the next night, I had the salad again and the chili soup (sorry chef, I thought this was salty too, but maybe it's just me) and DH had a burger which he really loved. We really wish the Brewhouse was in Colorado because we would come here often, but I guess we'll have to settle for stopping by on our next trip back east.

There are newer reviews for Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice selection of draught and bottle beers, many local microbrews. Good quality food and fast service, as long as you can get a table. I really liked the chilli, it's almost BBQ. My wife liked her fish PoBoy.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Friendly staff. Good food can't go wrong. I ordered soup but my friends ordered the fish and chips. They really enjoyed the fish and chips. I can vouch for the "chips" I snitched a few when they weren't looking. I may have got caught but I don't feel bad it was worth it!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our friends suggested this restaurant while in St. Louis as it was near our hotel, they wanted to go as Trip Advisor had fairly good reviews. I ordered fish tacos and was told about 10 minutes later they couldn't make them due to some issue with the cooking utensils it used. The waitress should have known this when I ordered and informed me then. I ordered a taco salad instead. It came out last, to be expected as everyone else's food was already in. It was mediocre for $12. If a person orders a salad as their meal, it should be green, leafy lettuce, not iceburg head lettuce that was mainly the hard, yellow insides. I don't think I had even one soft leafy green outside piece in my salad. Very disappointing for $12.. My husband's salmon burger was just ok and the fries were not very good according to my friends. Drink prices seemed rather high as well. Will not go back..

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were staying at the Hyatt so having the Brewhouse just downstairs was convenient. When we got to the hotel, it was first place we went to get a bite to eat and for some beers. My fiance and I both enjoyed our meals. I had the pulled pork sandwich and he had a burger.

Big menu selection for beer and food. Great place to watch sporting events, etc. Our waitress Kelly was fabulous and very helpful when we asked about area attractions, etc. We went back more time for some drinks before a dinner reservation.