“Nacho average sports bar”

Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar
Ranked #61 of 2,909 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
McCool Junction, Nebraska
“Nacho average sports bar”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great service & good food. We really liked the nachos. Music level was loud but surprisingly got used to it. Great selection of beer.

• Visited February 2013
angela d, Manager at Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for the review! If you make it in again and feel it's too loud, please let a manager know and we will do whatever we can to accommodate your needs. Hope to see you in St. Louis again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pricey, But Has Good Food & Drinks”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Brewhouse may price its food and beers on the high side, but it offers generous food portions along with quality food and service. I liked the beer selection, though I ended up ordering off the bottled beer list instead of getting something on tap, because I was looking for a dark porter-style beer. I was disappointed at how much I had to pay for my specialty bottled beer too, which was $5.94 plus the city’s liquor tax ($0.56), $6.50 total. My party's order of nachos with chicken, a fish sandwich, and my bottled beer totaled just over $30 before tip. As you can see by the picture I took of my nachos, I did get a lot of food, and the nachos tasted great. I did not leave the Brewhouse hungry at all. I visit the Brewhouse once a year, and I plan to continue to do so.

• Visited January 2013
Monticello, Illinois
“Ok”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband ordered the chicken strips. I ordered the fish and chips. Both were extremely greasy, and neither of us felt very good later on that evening. The service was good, not outstanding, but good.

• Visited January 2013
Defiance, Missouri
“Good Sports Bar, Excellent Food, Great Zymorgy selection!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not truly "Old" but historical in displays and area. Great location if oyur at the Arch or mid Rover front. Excellent food, very good combinations and variety, broad selection of beers, good service, an enjoyable locaiton!

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great food and great drinks”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I ate at the Brewhouse two times while on a business trip in St.Louis. The first visit was around 10:30pm on the night my colleagues and I arrived in St.Louis. We were all wanting a late-night snack before turning in and the Brewhouse was the only place open within walking distance of our hotel. The group of us (7 people) arrived and were ignored for several minutes. I approached a waitress and asked if we should seat ourselves. She was rude in telling me we needed to wait while she attended to other customers. We waited several more minutes before someone else walked up and asked if we had been helped. They ended up seating us and taking our order. The Brewhouse has a limited menu at night, which was fine, and I got the loaded nachos. The serving was extremely generous, as the food took up an entire dinner plate and was piled very high. It was far too much for me to eat and there was a good amount of food left over - great value for what we spent ($7-9, I can't remember exactly).

The second visit, a colleague and I went to get some drinks. They were well made but a bit pricey. We both enjoyed our cocktails/beers and experienced much better service than before.

Ending note: First visit - slow service but a great value for the food. Second visit - good cocktails, although pricey. I would return again.

• Visited October 2012