“Great Lunch Spot”
Review of Blues City Deli

Blues City Deli
Ranked #15 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
Amenia, New York
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Blues City has limited seating. The service and quality of the sandwiches more than makes up for it.

• Visited August 2014

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Incredible, wish I could return again and again.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Blues city deli is the perfect blend of location, atmosphere, amazing service and out of this world food. The line goes quickly and the staff is so attentive and pleasant. Everyone seems so passionate and happy to be there. Their pastrami sandwich is amazing and perfectly balanced. We wanted to sit outside on the patio all day. Wish we loves locally so we could go everyday.

• Visited July 2014
Breese, Illinois
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is our new favorite deli in stl. Our daughter suggested it and we can't stop going when in stl. Wonderful sandwiches, great atmosphere and nice music on Saturdays at 1 - 3. Can't beat the prices either. Always get something different and have been very pleased - great Greek salad too!

• Visited July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious, cheap, but not a good sit-down restaurant.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

These sandwiches are amazing and REALLY cheap, but unless you're lucky enough to get a table on the sidewalk, don't even try to eat it there! You're better off taking it over to Lafayette Park or back to work/hotel/ELSEWHERE if you're here for lunch. It's way too crowded for an enjoyable eating experience.

Also, just a hint - their ice tastes funny which will make your drink taste funny. I don't know what it is, but for the last 20 times I've gotten a drink here, it has always tasted weird. Found out recently, it wasn't the soda machines or the tea. It was the ICE!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CCLAIRE761
Rotonda West, Florida
“Wow! What a Lunch!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were taken to Blues City Deli during a recent visit to St. Louis. When pulling up to the Deli, my first thought was "you expect me to wait in THAT line-in this heat?" I was assured (quite, correctly) that the line moved fast. After only a few minutes, we were at the counter ordering what turned out to be the BEST sandwich I've had--maybe, EVER. Piled high with meat and topped with the tastiest sauce, I couldn't stop raving about it--but...so did the other three people with whom I had lunch.
Even if sandwiches aren't your first choice for lunch, you won't be disappointed (at all) with any of their sandwiches.
This is a small place that serves a GREAT BIG sandwich--and lots of charm. I'll be happy to visit again during my next visit to Soulard in St. Louis.

• Visited June 2014