“Don't let the line scare you”
Review of Blues City Deli

Blues City Deli
Ranked #17 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was GREAT. The sandwiches were out of this world. Crowded and huge lines but worth every second of standing in line.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It took me a while to get here, but after some prodding from one of my clients, I finally decided to check out Blues City over lunch one day. It was so good that I've been back 4 more times over the last month.

Similar to a couple other popular local places like Pappy's Smokehouse and Bogarts BBQ, you will encounter a line to get your food - even if you get there before the place opens - but it is worth it. Each time I've gone, I've waited no more than 15-20 minutes total to place and get my order, so don't be scared of the lines. The reason there is a line is because the sandwiches are so good.

I've had the following on my 4 trips, and each has been amazing - Original Roast Beef Po'Boy ($6.50) -Hot Roast Beef dipped in Au Jus. Dressed with Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Onion and Mayo. I had them add on some of their hot peppers as well. I've also had the Black -n - Bleu ($5.50) - Hot Roast Beef dipped in Au Jus, Provolone, Grilled Onions, and Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, also with hot peppers added. But my favorite is the Valenza Special Muffaletta ($6.95 for a half) - get the half - it's more than enough. Genoa Salami, Smoked Ham, Mortadella, Provolone, Mozzarella, topped with their homemade Olive salad. Delicious. This is the only one I've repeated so far - but I want to try more and more of them.

Another thing I really like about this place is the huge selection of chips and drinks. They have probably 10-15 different brands of chips with tons of flavors, and the same goes for their soda selection. Lots of cool varieties, flavors and brands. And it's cheap to add on chips and a fountain drink - $2.30 for a 32 ounce with chips. Pretty cheap this day and age.

Service is always friendly and quick. You'll see a lot of policeman and firemen here - they eat out all the time - so you know they like good, quick places to eat. It's close to downtown in Benton Park - probably a 5 minute drive. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

First off, I hate lines. Next, this line moved quick. Could use more outside seating. This was a Saturday afternoon with music at 1. The music was great, loud, if you are inside, better for me) outside. The sandwiches were very good. I had the chicken shack ranch and was very good. Great way to spend an hour on a Saturday afternoon.

1  Thank keithrj
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It's was ok I gave it an extra star because its a neat place with good music but I wasn't very impressed with my samo. Had better at places like Jimmy Johns, Potbelly's, etc.. Maybe it was the fact their cranking them out fast and theres a crowd, but there really wasn't much on my samo, was really disappointed in it. Sandwich 3 stars "average".

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Every Sat at 1pm they have live blues and the food is great. We try to make it every week if we can. The bands are great and the food is better. There is always a line and it is amazing how fast the service is. You can't go wrong!!!!

1  Thank Tim B