“I'd go back again!!”

Ranked #10 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Detroit, Michigan
“I'd go back again!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Many thanks to the gracious and welcoming hosts of Grand Center Inn for their dedication and hard work in making Grand Center Inn a beautiful bed and breakfast. I was very inspired by their work to restore this property instead of letting it be abandoned as so many like it have been. It was a honor to stay there. The hosts made me feel so welcomed and i felt I had made new friends! I encourage all to visit St. Louis and stay at the Grand Center Inn. The location was perfect for me!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2010

A sojourn at the Grand Center Inn less like staying at a hotel than like visiting friends: friends who happen to have a wonderfully restored old mansion and are the ultimate hosts. The owners, Eric and Renato, make their guests feel welcome and well cared for. Renato cooks breakfast individually as guests appear. Invariably delicious, they vary according to his whim and what is in season, so you won't get tired of the menu if you stay for a few days. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and I hope to go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We found the Grand Center Inn online and thought it looked lovely. When we arrived, we were warmly received and shown to a very comfortable room. The inn was much like it appeared in the pictures: clean with aesthetically diverse (and pleasing!) rooms. In the evening we read downstairs and the next morning we had a delicious breakfast, complete with a nice conversation with the two owners. I really cannot say enough good things about this bed and breakfast. If you have the opportunity to stay there, you should!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at this charming b & b. I attended college nearby many years ago and am very impressed with how the area and this facility have been renovated. I stayed in the contemporary room, which had a mix of antique and modern furniture and the biggest flat screen TV I ever saw! The proprietors couldn't do enough to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable; they saw to your every need promptly and courteously! One day Renato cooked some Italian Broccoli, insisted I have some, and served it with wine and cannoli. Yum! Breakfasts are quite good, too. Don't pass up this excellent facility.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Chelsea, Alabama, USA
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I had our first B&B experience at the Grand Center Inn, and this place set a high standard for any others in the future. We felt right at home, and the owners were very accommodating. They supplied a nice room for us in a beautiful building, shared helpful information for our stay, and cooked us a wonderful breakfast. I would definitely recommend this place to others and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
iow
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have never written a review before now but was compelled to this time.

We have stayed at B & B's for years throughout the US as well as Europe, Canada and New Zealand. Also, we have never returned to a B & B because we like to explore new places. However, for the first time, I can honestly say, we will come back to Renalto's and Eric fabulous place. This was more than a place to stay. This was a great experience filled with wonderful memories. One hint - Renalto is Italian and a great cook. You may want to inquire about him fixing a special dinner.

Do yourself a favor and stay here. It will be one of the best gifts you ever gave yourself or someone else!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My boyfriend and i spent a lovely night at the Grand Center Inn.
The owners Renato & Eric did a wonderful job renavting the place. They also remembed us by our first names and helped us with everything we asked for.They gave us a vip parking pass so parking was not an issue. The rooms have a very home like vibe. There was a gorgous fireplace, huge king size bed, flat screen tv, a love seat. The bathroom had a beautiful claw foot tub with two pedastil sinks.
The breakfast was served in a beautiful room off the kitchen. You also have the choice of sitting in the huge kitchen while Eric and Renato cook breakfast for you. Eric & Renato did a wonderful job on breakfast and making sure all our needs were met while at our stay at the Grand Center Inn.
I highly suggest staying here.:)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple