“The service is impeccable”
Review of Grand Center Inn

Grand Center Inn
Ranked #11 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Utah
“The service is impeccable”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at this charming b & b. I attended college nearby many years ago and am very impressed with how the area and this facility have been renovated. I stayed in the contemporary room, which had a mix of antique and modern furniture and the biggest flat screen TV I ever saw! The proprietors couldn't do enough to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable; they saw to your every need promptly and courteously! One day Renato cooked some Italian Broccoli, insisted I have some, and served it with wine and cannoli. Yum! Breakfasts are quite good, too. Don't pass up this excellent facility.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chelsea, Alabama, USA
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I had our first B&B experience at the Grand Center Inn, and this place set a high standard for any others in the future. We felt right at home, and the owners were very accommodating. They supplied a nice room for us in a beautiful building, shared helpful information for our stay, and cooked us a wonderful breakfast. I would definitely recommend this place to others and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
iow
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have never written a review before now but was compelled to this time.

We have stayed at B & B's for years throughout the US as well as Europe, Canada and New Zealand. Also, we have never returned to a B & B because we like to explore new places. However, for the first time, I can honestly say, we will come back to Renalto's and Eric fabulous place. This was more than a place to stay. This was a great experience filled with wonderful memories. One hint - Renalto is Italian and a great cook. You may want to inquire about him fixing a special dinner.

Do yourself a favor and stay here. It will be one of the best gifts you ever gave yourself or someone else!

Alton, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My boyfriend and i spent a lovely night at the Grand Center Inn.
The owners Renato & Eric did a wonderful job renavting the place. They also remembed us by our first names and helped us with everything we asked for.They gave us a vip parking pass so parking was not an issue. The rooms have a very home like vibe. There was a gorgous fireplace, huge king size bed, flat screen tv, a love seat. The bathroom had a beautiful claw foot tub with two pedastil sinks.
The breakfast was served in a beautiful room off the kitchen. You also have the choice of sitting in the huge kitchen while Eric and Renato cook breakfast for you. Eric & Renato did a wonderful job on breakfast and making sure all our needs were met while at our stay at the Grand Center Inn.
I highly suggest staying here.:)

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We spent three lovely nights at the Grand Center Inn.
Room: "The Contemporary" -- This large, quiet room is on the third floor. It had two queen beds (with enough pillows that you almost got lost in them!); chair/ottoman; HUGE flat screen tv; coffee maker (with tea, coffee and hot chocolate). Window on three sides gave a bright, airy feeling to the entire room. The bathroom was spacious. It had a claw foot tub and two sinks.
Breakfast: Awesome breakfast. Renato did a fantastic job cooking up breakfast treats (including some amazing spicy turkey sausage). Fruit was available to munch on and we often took a few pieces to snack on during the day. You could also use the kitchen as needed. Breakfast is served in a very inviting, sunny room. We loved soaking up the early spring sun over coffee and conversation.
Location: St. Louis is an extremely easy city to navigate. We had no problems with parking while at Grand Center. There are a few restaurants (towards the theaters) within walking distance and we enjoyed all of them. There is also a movie theatre near by.
Bottom line: Would definitely stay again. We enjoyed the privacy of the Inn as well as the kindness of the hosts.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Pelham,Ontario,Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2010

A beautifully renovated building, this is not a frilly Victorian wannabe. The innkeepers are welcoming, friendly & helpful. We chose breakfast in the big bright kitchen instead of the lovely breakfast room so we could chat with them. Close to St. Louis University and many arts & theatre venues. When we come back, we will stay here.

tn
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Oooh how do mere English words describe such an OUTSTANDING stay!!!!!! If you are looking for quailty plus much more look no further. We visited St. Louis for the weekend of March Maddnes and we LOVED the city. There was a lot to see and do. However, more than the city I love the Grand Center Inn....it's absolutely wonderful darling!!!! More than that Eric & Fransico were the BEST host I have ever had!!!!! I have stayed at a least 25 B&B's around the country and this one tops them all!!!!! I've even stayed at another B&B in St. Louis before. We had such a great time here, I can't even remember the name of it and who cares anyway because we will never stay anywhere in St Louis Grand Center Inn! We hated to leave...really I felt like we were saying good bye to close family instead of new friends. And the other guest were very nice as well. Loved the diversity!!!! It was my partner's birthday and I could not have pulled it off as a surprise without the wonderful planning on Eric & Fransico's part. Thanks guys!!!!!!
We haven't been back a week and we are already making plans to return!!!!

The rooms are lovely, the beds are soooo dreamy, the food is soooooo good I even took mine to go as we toured the city...loool! If you want good soul food after your wonderful breakfast check out Sweetie Pie's...yummmmmm..shut up!!!!!

Much, much love to you guys for an AWESOME and well done job!
See you soon!!!!!!