“Wonderful Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #11 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We spent three lovely nights at the Grand Center Inn.
Room: "The Contemporary" -- This large, quiet room is on the third floor. It had two queen beds (with enough pillows that you almost got lost in them!); chair/ottoman; HUGE flat screen tv; coffee maker (with tea, coffee and hot chocolate). Window on three sides gave a bright, airy feeling to the entire room. The bathroom was spacious. It had a claw foot tub and two sinks.
Breakfast: Awesome breakfast. Renato did a fantastic job cooking up breakfast treats (including some amazing spicy turkey sausage). Fruit was available to munch on and we often took a few pieces to snack on during the day. You could also use the kitchen as needed. Breakfast is served in a very inviting, sunny room. We loved soaking up the early spring sun over coffee and conversation.
Location: St. Louis is an extremely easy city to navigate. We had no problems with parking while at Grand Center. There are a few restaurants (towards the theaters) within walking distance and we enjoyed all of them. There is also a movie theatre near by.
Bottom line: Would definitely stay again. We enjoyed the privacy of the Inn as well as the kindness of the hosts.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pelham,Ontario,Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2010

A beautifully renovated building, this is not a frilly Victorian wannabe. The innkeepers are welcoming, friendly & helpful. We chose breakfast in the big bright kitchen instead of the lovely breakfast room so we could chat with them. Close to St. Louis University and many arts & theatre venues. When we come back, we will stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
tn
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Oooh how do mere English words describe such an OUTSTANDING stay!!!!!! If you are looking for quailty plus much more look no further. We visited St. Louis for the weekend of March Maddnes and we LOVED the city. There was a lot to see and do. However, more than the city I love the Grand Center Inn....it's absolutely wonderful darling!!!! More than that Eric & Fransico were the BEST host I have ever had!!!!! I have stayed at a least 25 B&B's around the country and this one tops them all!!!!! I've even stayed at another B&B in St. Louis before. We had such a great time here, I can't even remember the name of it and who cares anyway because we will never stay anywhere in St Louis Grand Center Inn! We hated to leave...really I felt like we were saying good bye to close family instead of new friends. And the other guest were very nice as well. Loved the diversity!!!! It was my partner's birthday and I could not have pulled it off as a surprise without the wonderful planning on Eric & Fransico's part. Thanks guys!!!!!!
We haven't been back a week and we are already making plans to return!!!!

The rooms are lovely, the beds are soooo dreamy, the food is soooooo good I even took mine to go as we toured the city...loool! If you want good soul food after your wonderful breakfast check out Sweetie Pie's...yummmmmm..shut up!!!!!

Much, much love to you guys for an AWESOME and well done job!
See you soon!!!!!!
TN Girls (Wicked)

Louisville
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Grand Center Inn is the best place I have ever stayed! It is a beautifully restored building. The owners are the sweetest--they've done an amazing job renovating this place. The room was extremely clean. The bathroom was huge--one of the best parts. The pillows and sheets were very comfortable. In the morning you can enjoy a gourmet breakfast. My fiance and I were only there for one night but I wish I could have stayed the whole week! If you have the opportunity to stay here, please don't pass it up.

lawrence, ks
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This was the best location for our trip. We were within walking distance to galleries, theaters and the symphony. It is also close to a couple of great neighborhoods for restaurants and shopping.
The mansion has just undergone a fantastic remodel. The spaces were beautiful and the rooms had gorgeous bathrooms, soft linens and great views. Breakfasts was delicious, but the highlight of every morning was spending time with the hosts. Renato and Eric were the best; easy to talk to and accommodating! They were a fantastic resource for our first trip to St. Louis and knew the area well. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in St. Louis.

malden, mo
Reviewed March 22, 2010

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The atmosphere was warm, inviting, and cozy. The owners were very friendly and made us feel right at home. The food served for breakfast was wonderful. The location was perfect as we attended a concert at the Fox and didn't have to worry about parking and traffic. I can't say anything bad about this place at all. I would definitely return for another visit.

Seattle
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I am happily and wholeheartedly recommending a stay at the Grand Center Inn if you are in St. Louis. First off all, it is a really beautiful building, gleaming wood floors, high ceilings, communal spaces, clawfoot tub. The location is great, walking distance to museums, theaters, food. But the thing that makes me come online to write a review was the amazing, above-and-beyond service that the proprietors provided. They were gracious and thoughtful, easy conversation. Indeed, they even got up absurdly early to still provide us with a hot breakfast before our 630 AM train ride. Amazing. The hospitality is something that I have never experienced before, and it really made the trip feel really special.