“very limited parking available and pretty high beer prices; they do allow outside food”
Review of The Pageant

The Pageant
Ranked #39 of 258 things to do in Saint Louis
Ballwin, Missouri
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We attended this venue in the City of St. Louis for a school of Rock and Roll recital this past weekend (mid May 2014). I am giving this only an average because I think their beer prices ($7.50 for Blue Moon and $6.00 for a small draw of Budlight) are pretty high and they have very limited parking even though the parking is free. The only reason we got a space in their lot was because someone pulled out just as we were arriving. I think most people will have a problem finding parking. If the house is ever sold out, I think there will be major problems with parking because their lot is simply way too small to accommodate a full house. I didn't see a lot of street parking available so I really don't know what people will do for parking when the house sells out. Although their beer prices are high, their mixed drink prices at $5.50 were much better. One other positive is that they allow outside food and there are a number of places just across the street. This is a fairly small venue so most of the seats have good views. Would attend another concert here if the artist and price were right.

Visited May 2014

“high drink prices but they do allow outside food; limited amount of parking space so plan to arrive early”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We attended this venue in St. Louis City for a rock and roll recital concert given by the school of Rock and Roll this past weekend. I have mixed feelings about this place. The good news is that they allow outside food, which is nice. There are several restaurants just across the street so there is a good variety of food options. The bad news is that their drink prices are pretty darn high, at least for beers that is. The other bad news is that they have pretty limited parking although the parking they do have is free. They wanted $7.50 for a bottle of Blue Moon and $6.00 for a small draft of Bud Light which I think is pretty high. However, I will confess I don't go to a lot of concerts so maybe their prices are in line with other venues. On the surface, the beer prices seemed high to me. The venue itself is nice but not spectacular. It is fairly small, which means most of the seats have a good view of the stage. Prices for this particular recital were $10 and $25. The $25 price was if you wanted to get in 30 minutes early. We all felt that was grossly excessive and I don't think many people actually paid that. Their prices for mixed drinks were more reasonable, $5.50 for a gin and tonic. Overall, I would attend another concert here if the right artist were performing. Finally, I will give more details on the parking. They have a lot just behind the theater, and although it is free, it is pretty small and can't possibly accommodate a sold out house. I felt we were blessed and extremely lucky to find parking in their tiny lot. We found parking there only because someone had just pulled out of a spot in their lot. I think parking for most people here is going to be a problem.

Visited May 2014
Columbia, Missouri
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Always a fabulous time!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Pageant is the best venue in St. Louis because no matter where you stand, you're bound to have a great view that's not too far from the stage! The smaller size ensures there is always a good audience. The sound and light effects are always spectacular! There is a blocked off section in the front of the bar to have a few drinks- they can't be taken out of this area which means no drinks will be spilt on you walking through the crowd.

Visited September 2013
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great venue”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Loved the small/intimate venue. Great sound. Also loved the early entry for 21+ patrons into the ajoining bar, along with the 15 minutes early entry to the venue.

Visited February 2014
Roeland Park, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“First time here!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great venue! Even with G.A. seating, my wife and I arrived early enough to get seats with a great view of the band, but also close to the bar. A tip: if you already have tickets to the show, you can gain early entry through the Halo Bar beginning at 5:00 for a 7:00 show. Only the first 150 people are admitted this way, though.

There didn't appear to be a bad seat in the house. It would be cool to sit in the balcony for a show sometime. Also, potato chips are the only food served inside, but you may bring in outside food (no outside drinks, though).

Visited March 2014