“Great”
Review of The Pageant

The Pageant
Ranked #44 of 267 things to do in Saint Louis
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place to see concerts. Not too big or small. You can hang out in the Halo bar before and after the show and there is usually a local band playing in the bar after the show.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have attended countless (30+) shows at The Pageant for the 7 years I have lived in St Louis. I am amazed at how this venue can disappoint you more and more each show. Last night’s show was ridiculous, the band performance was fine, the venue on the other hand was more awful than the show we attended 12 days earlier. Both shows were ALL AGES and BALCONY CLOSED. Everyone over 21 was all using a single bathroom facility (5 stalls for women and 3 for men), it was a constant 5-10 people deep the entire length of the only bar w/ 3 bartenders. Sure the Halo bar is attached w/ another 2 bartenders, but why miss the show to go next door and wait in that line to get a drink. There were 5 bartenders between the 2 bars for about 1400 people. There was a full drink thrown in someone’s face directly in front of the only bathroom during the 1st set and it took nearly 30 minutes for it to be cleaned up. Another 20 ft we almost stepped on unattended broken glass from a drink. With this show being oversold and the BALCONY CLOSED, people can’t use the restrooms as needed or get a drink. This made for a very tense night with patrons becoming more unpleasant by the minute. Trying to get a water and a breath of fresh air is nearly impossible with all the lines and security checks. You will definitely feel like you are part of a cattle drive if you try. This all made for several spats between patrons w/ patrons, patrons w/ security, patrons w/ staff. It really has felt like you are herded cattle at this venue, especially if it is an ALL AGES and BALCONY CLOSED show. I cannot blame the staff, they were clearly understaffed which made the service unpleasant as well. The BALCONY is for 21+, where there is 2 additional bathrooms for each sex and another full bar, which gives everyone room to move, even at a sold out max capacity show. I am also one who needs accessible seating and uses mobility devices, this is not a accessible venue simply due to the facts listed above. You cannot move if you have NO disability, let alone if you need a little help getting around. I have almost injured myself on several different occasions. I will never attend another ALL AGES/BALCONY CLOSED show at The Pageant. There are some upcoming shows I had wanted to see there, but that is not gonna happen. I am tired of spending my hard earned money at this venue for a show and then feeling mistreated and cheated afterwards. I will definitely consider going to an out of town venue for touring bands and stay in their hotels from here on out! And a note to other St Louis venues, please start competing with The Pageant for popular touring acts so we have a choice.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Ive been to this place over thirty times. Seen some great shows here. The view is usually good and the servers are helpful when you can get one. You can get food delivered which is very cool. I went to one show there and It was horrible. The show was attended by 1400 or so people. All confined to the downstairs. They couldve easily just opened up the balcony but they didn't. Three bartenders two urinals and one occupied toilet for all these people. Several people constantly trying to cut in front of you while trying to get a drink. Happens EVERYTIME! I end up going out of the club to the Halo bar just to get drinks like several other people were. Then a fight breaks out and a drink thrown right in front of the only working bathrooms. It took nearly twenty minutes for someone to clean it up. I really cant say the staff was rude, but this place was clearly understaffed. This show wouldve been sooo much better if they just wouldve opened up the balcony, but they didn't. Unfortunately there is a show coming up there that I want to see but I wont see it because Id rather spend my money somewhere else. I also bought a drink at the bar right as the show ended. We were also pushed out very quicky without even a couple minutes to finish them. I have been to other shows here where both levels were open and the show was a lot more comfortable. Not last time though. Yes outside the area can be straight up dangerous. Friends have witnessed shootings and near riots on more than one occasion. I havent had any problems there, YET. The other problem with this place is they sell WAY too many tickets for such a small space. Then they fail to keep the balcony open for other shows, so you can pretty much count on feeling like a Sardine in a tin can being packed into this place. I will only come here because I have to in order to see the bands I want to see. I would say necessary evil is a good way to describe it.

1  Thank dutchdob
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A little too small for the masses of people they crowd in there, but still great shows and great concessions!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

venue was nice and cool, drinks were overpriced, seating was too close if you are a little plump. will sit in balcony next time. was a bit uncomfortable. the will downing show was wonderful!