“Great Spot”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was taken here for dinner by two friends whilst I was visiting the St Louis area because they knew that the place offered gluten-free and vegan options, which would suit my dietary requirements.

I was really impressed with the decor and general feel of the place. The food was excellent - I opted for a thin gluten-free crust with mushrooms, artichokes and Daiya vegan cheese, as well as a lemonade. My friends enjoyed for thin crust pizzas too (Berkley and Lincoln Park) with one of the interesting ales that Pi also serve. We also ordered a big salad to share on the side.

The meal was really lovely, even if we were defeated by the size of the portions we had ordered. It's a shame we don't have places like this in the UK. I can see why President Obama is a fan of the place.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

One of my favorite stops anytime I go to the Lou. South side Classico Chicago-style pizza is made w/ fresh & tasty ingredients. Their signature crust is amazing. Usually get a Schlafly on tap. Salads are refreshing-prepped w/ organic & robust veggies! The atmosphere is great and we've always had very good service-despite being very busy at times. My family enjoys the flavors and experience of visiting Pi!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a beer and ended up having several drinks & some appetizers. The food we had was nothing special but the pizza across from us looked awesome. The service is great and its a lively happy hour scene. No whammies.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading a positive review of the gluten-free pizza at Pi, my wife and I visited the restaurant on the Loop in Saint Louis. I do not normally eat gluten-free foods, but I agreed to share a pizza with my wife since there were only 2 of us. The special of the night was a spinach, bacon, herbed sauce topping on a gluten-free crust. I expected the worst (since I complain about anything non-traditional), but was pleasantly surprised that the pizza was delicious. My wife said the crust was one of the best she had experienced so far. Our waitress, a long-term resident of Saint Louis and the Loop, shared her experiences with us, which helped us feel more relaxed with dropping our child off at college in the area. She was very likeable and attendant to my wife’s dietary needs. The restaurant has a quirky, colorful décor that fits in well at the Loop and adds to a fun atmosphere. We ate indoors, but there are quite a few tables for outdoor dining. I am sure we will be back.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a BLT salad and the thin crust zucchini pizza which was delicious! We ate outside and people watched. Staff if very efficient and they could have been from NYC. Would definitely eat there again!