“Excellent!”

Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This my selection for my Dinner Club group. Everyone enjoyed their meals, and dabbled in each other's plates so we could taste everything. The service was great and attentive. We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2012

“Excellent in every way!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been wanting to try Stellina for awhile now. This Friday night we had a babysitter so we got our chance. Everything was exceptional. The staff was friendly, welcoming and attentive. The atmosphere was warm, trendy and fun. We began at the bar with a generous pour and a laugh. The bartender knew what he was doing! We were promptly seated in the window at the front of the restaurant. Our waiter explained how the menu changes every day depending on what the chef is feeling like that day and what fresh, local ingredients he can get. I had the ox tail and my wife had the scallops, both were amazing. The prices were more than fair and the experience was perfect. We can't wait to go back!!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Stellina Pasta Cafe St. Louis MO”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have enjoyed this terific little cafe for several years. As it has grown it has maintained its high quality. The sandwiches have always been generous and tasty: we like the pulled pork, the shaved ham w apple and cheese, or the albacore tuna salad. The Big Salad is a meal that can be shared. The Agnolotti dish varies constantly but is always great. Lasagna or other pastas
are sharable, too. Weekend specials could bring lamb, ribeyes, monk fish and seasonal dishes.
They are open from 11 am until closing, so we often like to drop in for a late lunch.

• Visited November 2012
St. Louis
“Average for the price”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything at Stellina Pasta Cafe was good and some things were great. The service was great and the waiter was on top of the menu. We arrived at 6:00 PM and were seated within 15 minutes, but if you arrive later there will be a wait and there is not much of a waiting area. Their menu is somewhat limited and they have special main dishes that may very weekly along with some pasta dishes. The pasta is priced a little high for pasta and the main dishes we had were $26. Now $26 is higher than we normally pay, so our expectations were high, The fish I had was tasty enough, but it was overcooked, My wife had a brazed beef rib that was tender but simply tasted like good roast beef. The portion of fish and the rib were adequate, however for $26 there should have been something more provided with the meal; even a roll would have been nice. Forgot to mentions the best part, the flat bread was fantastic.

• Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I tried this restaurant for the first time this weekend and was pleasantly impressed. I went at lunch time when the prices were a little more reasonable and had the Il Capo sandwich with watermelon salad. I tried the half and half special but apparently you can only choose from a few sandwiches with that deal so I just ordered the full sandwich. It was $8.75 and came with your choices of cold slaw, potato salad, watermelon salad or chips. Food was amazingly good. The sandwich was pleasantly crisp and came with a thin layer of prosciutto which gave it a pleasantly smokey after taste. The watermelon salad was primarily watermelon with a sprinkling a basil (I think?) and some sort of salty crumbly cheese. I ate most of the salad but had to take home half the sandwich. I also ordered a cocktail (the garden drink) for $8. I didn't really care for it but I think that was a matter of taste - I should really remember that I don't like herbs in my drink. It was quite strong so be careful if you are planning on driving home afterwards. I finished it all off with the chocolate mousse cake and salted caramel ice cream. It was to die for! The cake was slightly to rich and the ice cream slightly too bland on their own but mix them together and I could easily see stopping by this place for just dessert. They had several other selections that sounded like they'd be amazing but I was more than full at that point so I had to say enough.

The restaurant itself was quiet when I got there but keep in mind if you want to go, I imagine the whole place only seats 30-40. So if you were going to go on a Friday or Saturday night, you might want to make a reservation. It wasn't anything too special but the waitstaff was friendly and quick.

Bottom line, I'd recommend but keep an eye on the prices. I usually don't think of those little places as all that expensive but it seems like this one could quickly add up - my meal was $30 for lunch, dinner will be more expensive. If you can afford it though, it was great food!

• Visited August 2012