The Cheshire
$160
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Pool
$172
$159
Hampton.com
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
$178
$152
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$140
DruryHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
$95
Priceline
$363
TributePortfolio
1,009 results
All reviewsfox and houndsforest parkthemed roomsliterary themejames bond suitetudor stylescavenger huntbathroom lightclayton roadwood burning fireplaceunderground garagecontinental breakfastfresh fruitboutique hotelart museumwashington universitycommon areas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here again on business and still no improvement in the quality of the hotel. Still rundown and beat up despite management responding to my last review. Furniture falling apart and dirty. Leather splitting. Furniture scuffed. Scratches everywhere. No light switch in bathroom so if you go to the bathroom in the night you can't turn on or off the light.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

So we booked this 4 Star for it approximately to the zoo but mainly do to 4 stars rating. After booking we read a few bad reviews and were a little concerned. After two nights we were pleasantly surprised.

We pulled in around 7pm on a Thursday and there wasn’t much going on. No valet outside. What turned out to be a hotel employee was walking by about the time I was walking to the front door. He went in first and propped the door back open as I walked in behind him. Just enough so it didn’t shut. That just made my concerns about this place worse. What 4 Star hotel almost shuts the front door in a guests face!!

The front desk was courteous and called a valet over to get our vehicle. As I walked out one had already greeted my wife and was taking the car around back.

The decor of the hotel was great! My 4 year old loved it. Didn’t notice anything dirty like we had read. The room was slightly musty but my wife didn’t notice and I didn’t again once I turned the ac down. The room was clean and updated. There was a large chair/built in ottoman that my daughter slept on. We had to request sheets and they arrived within minutes.

There are 2 places in the parking lot to eat. One is a upscale restaurant that we didn’t try. The other was a bar style down in the basement. It was loud but a really cool place. They set us in a booth. Not a great place for kids but my daughter didn’t mind. Pizza was excellent! Great beer list too. After finishing, my wife and daughter went up to the room and I stopped by the bar by the front lobby. It was hopping! Incredible place and bar staff was fast and friendly. This quickly became my favorite hang out. Loved the live music and I visited with both bar tenders and quickly lost track of time.

The pool was open but still to cold. Outdoor only. The morning breakfast was great. Fresh juices, donuts, toast, eggs, fruits, and more. They had staff maintaining it and you could eat outside or in. We did both.

In all, it was a great stay. Maybe better without the kids. We plan to come back with other couples in the future but wouldn’t rule out bringing kids. They need to work on that front door service!! Everything else was fantastic. Oh... zoo is roughly a mile walk. Across 1 busy street and it’s all trails the rest of the way to it.

My rating 4.5 so I rounded up.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy P
PFeldt, Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

On behalf of all of us here at The Cheshire, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. You can be sure that your positive response will be passed along to our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Great location, close to everything. The Cheshire really does have the appearance of an old world hotel. The continental breakfast was very good. For those reasons I give it 2 stars, but the housekeeping was next to none. The room was dusty and don’t even look under the bed! In mid May the pool was not open. Outside in the courtyard things were broken and dirty. The valet, the front desk staff were all pretty disinterested. We stayed 3 nights. They made up one bed one time. No towels were left without asking for them.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert S
PFeldt, Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for the detailed response. I will go over each of the problems you encountered with the appropriate departments. I really hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to win back your confidence.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

I have stayed at The Cheshire twice now and will continue to use it when I'm in town. Everyone from the valet, cleaning staff to front desk staff are extremely friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. Each room is named after a different author, poet, etc. There is unique, antique decor throughout the hotel. The hotel even has it's own custom candle scent which is available for purchase. The hotel is dog friendly and they keep dog treats by the front desk. They had a well-stocked breakfast everyday with Kaldi's coffee. There is also a Starbucks on the premises. I used the business center to print some items. The gym is reasonably equipped for a hotel gym. I did not use the pool but there are little cabanas that one could use. The staff quickly brought a fridge to our room without issue upon check-in. I wouldn't say that this is the most spotless hotel I've ever stayed in, but I wouldn't say it was filthy or overly dirty. Oh, and the bath towels are amusingly quite small.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
PFeldt, Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

On behalf of all of us here at The Cheshire, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and am very sorry for the problems you encountered. You can be sure that your response will be passed along to our entire staff. If there is any way I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Close location to downtown St Louis. Quaint and charming medieval type theme although I think they are trying to go more for English and author theme. Rooms were clean. Only issue was one room no AC and the second room had no AC flow to the bedroom due to dividing wall in the way. It was a hot day so asked to be moved and they said all rooms were like that. Not true. We asked for fan twice. It never arrived. Was advertised as 4 Star. I would give it a 3.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple