“This is a wonderful hotel to stay at and very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of The Cheshire

The Cheshire
Ranked #47 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with our room. The hotel has a wonderful staff and close to many attractions. The hotel has a wonderful old English decor. We stayed for 1week and the price for the room was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Thomas W,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a wonderful review about your stay with us at The Cheshire! I constantly am reminded about how great the members of our team are! We loved having you for the week and hope that you come back very soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We chose The Cheshire for a one night stay while in St. Louis. Our only regret is that we could not have stayed for a few more nights. From the time we arrived until we checked out we have nothing but good things to say. Plenty of parking,check in was fast and very friendly,the hotel is set in an old English charm and was neat and clean. All of the staff were more the helpful and very friendly. It is always pleasant to see people that enjoy there job. With four different on site options for dining you have lots of choices. Our favorite was the fox and hounds tavern. From the moment we walked in the staff acknowledged us and made us feel welcome. We would like to give a special thank you to Kimmi, she was great! She went went out of her way to chat with us and recommend things to do in the area. She had a vast knowledge of "adult beverages" and how to serve them. I couldn't begin to tell you what a relaxing and fun evening we had at the fox and hounds tavern, everyone was wonderful staff and guests alike. We can't wait to return and spend more than one night!

Dear Sharron O,
Thank you so much for your extremely kind words about your stay with us at The Cheshire! Kimmi had such a great time taking care of you all! She really is truly an amazing asset to this team. In fact everyone here is very passionate about hospitality! I really am so happy to hear that you had such a great time! We cannot wait for you to come back!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Gotta stay at the Cheshire Inn! It's a quaint, boutique Inn where the rooms are superbly named for English writers. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the tavern is an excellent meeting place with an impressive selection of libations. The location is just a short walk to the Forest Park where there are a lot of attractions. The continental breakfast did the trick with just enough of a variety that it didn't overwhelm you, good food and coffee, and kid friendly. We're looking forward to staying in the Ian Flemming and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle suites... can't wait.

Room Tip: Any of them are good. Find your favorite English author and go for it. There is a copy of the auth...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Mark M,
Thank you so much for your very kind words about your stay at The Cheshire! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and themed rooms! Our location right across from Forest Park is really amazing and makes a weekend away that much better! We cannot wait for you to come back to try the different suites!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I travel from Chicago to STL every week and the hotel makes a very big difference to me. I have been staying at several other high end hotels in the area and I am ready to switch. The main reason for the switch is plain and simple...............the staff. They were extremely accomodating! The great service started with Lydia taking the time to give accurate directions. The next day I needed some addtional help in my room and Sara went out of her way to assist (in less than 5 minutes). Justin also took some time to help me with several questinons around dinner and the workout center. At the end of the day, the people make the differene and I just wanted to say that is the reason behind my switch to the Cheshire. Thanks for a great stay and see you next week.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Scott A,
Thank you for your glowing review of The Cheshire! I am so delighted to hear that your stay was so great! I truly believe that you are correct that this hotel would not be the same without the amazing team members such as Lydia, Sara, and Justin! They really are so passionate about creating amazing guest experiences. We cannot wait to see you back next week.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

O.k., a hotel inspired by old world English charm? Really? I had my guard up when booking The Cheshire, but it came down quickly as I relaxed in this charming, somewhat magical place. Nice, comfortable boutique hotel which really felt old world yet very modern. The staff was accommodating and professional. My favorite part of the hotel -- the Fox and Hounds bar which was a great way to relax at the end of the day. Hats off to Carlos and Mandi -- they made us feel like long-lost friends who stopped by for a visit visit (good job on the bar-tending there Carlos). I also loved the bath products in the rooms -- very high end and made me feel like a new person after using. Finally, good onsite eateries which provided some unique dishes. Thank you to the team at the Cheshire for making our visit such a nice stay.

1  Thank Manny P
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Manny P,
Thank you so much for your amazing review of The Cheshire! The Fox and Hounds pub really is an amazing place to meet with both old and new friends. We are so incredibly lucky to have people like Carlos and Mandi on our team. They truly care so much about hospitality and it shows. I hope to see you again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Not sure where to start. The only reason this gets one star is for the friendly service, kinda-sorta. Do I start with the filthy rooms, mushy beds, tasteless complimentary breakfast. Even the coffee was bland -- tasted like dishwater. The rooms have not been dusted in a loooong time -- especially the window blinds. The floors were not swept. The tub was filthy. Or do I dare mention the 4:00 am fire alarm (there was a shorter alarm at 1:00 and 2:00, as well.) Everyone exited the building and were outside for about 45 minutes. Still not sure what the problem was and was too tired to ask. Or should I mention the barking dogs across from my room? I realize it's a pet friendly hotel, but little did I know that EVERY ROOM IS PET FRIENDLY. My allergies were brutal. Upon checking out, they asked me how the stay was, and I voiced my complaints. The young lady said, "Sorry," handed me the bill -- full price. I suggested she may want to discount, and she offered $50 off of a $550 bill. Thanks a lot. Then said, well, I can do $100. As far as I'm concerned, this was the tackiest place I've ever stayed in and WILL NEVER, EVER GO BACK. AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU, trust me!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jodi H,
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at The Cheshire. I am truly very sorry to hear that your stay was anything but perfect. We constantly strive for perfection, but in case missed the mark. For that I am very sorry. I would love top have the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay. Please feel free to contact me at 314-647-7300 at your convenience.

front Office Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We just returned from a weekend at the Cheshire. We travel to St. Louis frequently but this was our first stay here. It's definitely our new favorite STL hotel. It has a lot of charm and character. You can't beat the location. The rooms are updated and very clean and the beds are excellent. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional. Justin at the front desk was especially helpful.

We loved The Fox and Hounds Tavern. I didn't get the bartender's name but he mixes a great drink. The atmosphere is cozy and quiet. It gets crowded on weekend evenings, so I recommend stopping in before heading out to dinner.

The complimentary breakfast is so much better than the dried out bagels and cheap cereal you get at other hotels and is worth getting up for.

The only slight negative is the noisy AC units. When the unit kicks on, the motor is very loud for several seconds. Our friends in another room had the same issue. It didn't bother me in the night, as I'm a heavy sleeper, but it if those kinds of noises bother you, take ear plugs.

I recommend paying a little extra for a Royal King on the fourth floor overlooking the garden. It's worth the extra money to have the quieter location and the walk in shower.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor overlooking the garden are quiet.
1  Thank SoonerMom87
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear OEMom,
Thank you so much for your extremely kind words about The Cheshire! I constantly am reminded about how lucky we are to have such amazing members of team such as Justin who really are so passionate about creating great experiences! I am so glad to hear that he and the team from the Fox and Hounds took such great care of you! I'm certain they are excited for your quick return!