This unique hotel offers historic furniture and decor reminiscent of an English hunting lodge. Strolling the lobby and halls was like visiting a museum. The large common room featured a cozy wood fire and was decked out beautifully for the Christmas season. We were treated to live jazz (a regular feature) while enjoying a tasty late-evening meal in the Cheshire’s Tavern, one of three places to eat in the hotel. Our room featured a leather lounging chair and a comfortable King bed, as well as modern conveniences such as easy-access plugs in the furniture for charging phones and computers. The hotel is pet friendly and has a free parking garage for guests underneath the hotel We enjoyed an unusually tasty complimentary continental breakfast in the common room. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel is located near Forest Park, which among other attractions has a world-class art museum, and is also not far from The Hill, which features some very good Italian restaurants. My wife and I had a very enjoyable one-night stay and we look forward to staying at The Cheshire again next time we’re in St. Louis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire embodies the charm and authenticity of a traditional British inn with all the modern conveniences of today. Guest rooms range from our Deluxe class to our Royal class with turndown services and upgraded amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cheshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Lodge St Louis
- Cheshire Inn St Louis
- Cheshire Saint Louis