My wife and I booked the Cheshire for a romantic getaway weekend to celebrate her birthday. My wife is an avid photographer and loves Forrest Park in Saint Louis. That made this hotel's location ideal for us. This hotel also appealed to her becuase their rooms all are "themed" after British poets, authors, and playwrights. Her favorite British author happens to be George Lord Byron so naturally we asked for the "She Walks In Beauty" suite. You can look at all their room types on their website.
From the time we checked in to when we left every memeber of the staff was courteous and helpful. We were going out to dinner on Friday and Saturday and needed a taxi and the front desk took care of us.
I personally liked the big flat screen TV x2 in our suite. :) In our suite, they had a pocket reader of Lord Byron's poems.
Another delight was breakfast. It was continental but the fruit was amazing. There were pastries, juice, you could make your own pot of tea, cereal, and hard-boiled eggs. It was perfect since I like eggs, fruit, pastries, and juice, and my wife loved the fruit.
The bathroom was kinda small for my tastes but it was very modern. Oh yeah, the fitness center was fantastic. High-end treadmills, elipticals, spinner bikes, a smith machine, yoga mats, stretch bands, medicine balls, free weights, balance balls, water cooler, and spearate men's and women's restrooms. It was a shame I didn't get to use it at all.
We did not sample the Fox and Hounds while there. We did hear the music start up by the pool and were sad we had to miss it becuase we had dinner reservations elsewhere. As we were leaving a car showed up with people who were just there to have a drink and hang out. I did think it odd that some of the cabbies had no idea The Cheshire was even open again. It was a very nice cozy place to stay and I would highly recommend it for couples, business travelers, and families.
Oh yeah, we also didn't get to take advantage of their free bike rental. Being right across the street from Forrest Park, riding a bike around it would be a very fun day trip away from the hotel and you wouldn't even have to drive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire embodies the charm and authenticity of a traditional British inn with all the modern conveniences of today. Guest rooms range from our Deluxe class to our Royal class with turndown services and upgraded amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cheshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Lodge St Louis
- Cheshire Inn St Louis
- Cheshire Saint Louis