“A Basilica unlike any I have seen.”

Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis
Ranked #3 of 266 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mother Church of the Archdiocese of Saint Louis, the superstructure of the Cathedral was built between 1907 and 1914. The Cathedral's 100th Anniversary is being celebrated in 2014. It is known for its' beautiful interior mosaics, which took nearly 80 years to create using more than 41 million pieces of glass tesserae. The Cathedral is known for having one of the largest mosaic collections in the Western Hemisphere.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Reminiscent of Sacre Coeur in Paris, and San Marco in Venice, this Cathedral is all of that and more. The mosaic inside begins and never seems to end. The church is such a stunner that words defy me. It is truly an awesome testament to God from man. I recommend a full tour and a few hours,plus personal reflection time.

3  Thank Mark E
There are newer reviews for Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I couldn't believe how beautiful inside the Cathedral was.This is a must see if you are visiting St Louise.

1  Thank Rhonda C
Reviewed June 19, 2013

They have a replica of Michelangelo's "La Pieta" here. Breathtaking cathedral! Felt like I was in Europe again. Don't skip it!

2  Thank TexasGingerbread
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Unbelievable! We just stopped by and walked through but if you have time take the tour. This rivals the churches I saw in Europe!

1  Thank donica
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis is absolutely gorgeous. The artwork around is historical and every bit meaningful. I joined in the tours halfway and still learn so much about the place and the history of Christianity. When me and my friend entered the place, we were just overcome with a sense of peacefulness. Great place to do some thinking and reflection about god and his role in our lives.