“Well worth your time”

Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis
Ranked #3 of 266 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mother Church of the Archdiocese of Saint Louis, the superstructure of the Cathedral was built between 1907 and 1914. The Cathedral's 100th Anniversary is being celebrated in 2014. It is known for its' beautiful interior mosaics, which took nearly 80 years to create using more than 41 million pieces of glass tesserae. The Cathedral is known for having one of the largest mosaic collections in the Western Hemisphere.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

You don't have to be religious to appreciate this gem. I believe this has the most pieces of mosaics in the world. This word is way overused, but "awesome' definitely describes this cathedral! Don't miss it

There are newer reviews for Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Cathedral Basilica is wonderful. You must visit if vacationing in the St. Louis area. I will certainly revisit when I return to the area

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We've visited many beautiful cathedrals, but as soon as we walked into this one, our jaws dropped and all we could say was, "wow!" The fact that every single scene on the ceilings and walls are all made from mosaics is simply fascinating! This is definitely worth your time to visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I am in the process of moving to Saint Louis. I have visited the city twice now and I am sure this is one of the places I will visit over and over again. The mosaics on the ceilings are just wonderful. You have to travel to Europe to see architecture like this. What an incredible find!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Absolutely stunning, just breath-taking. I can't recommend this place enough. If you're within 100 miles of St. Louis, do yourself a favor and go.