“Enjoy Drinks and great food before, during and after GAMES!”
Review of J. Buck's - CLOSED

J. Buck's
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 10th
Transit: Bus Stop at 10th and Clark. Walking distance to Metrolink stop.
Description: A genuine American restaurant with a great bar…that’s the concept behind Joe Buck’s. Created out of a belief in great food, fantastic service and a fun, casual atmosphere, Joe Buck's is perfect for just about any dining occasion or gathering. J Buck’s was established in 1999 and named after Jack, Joe and Julie Buck, the legendary broadcasting family. The vision of the classic American restaurant celebrates the rich history and tradition of excellence the Buck family is known for. Joe Buck’s features fresh food prepared by great chefs and friendly, first-rate service, all in a warm, beautiful environment with moderate prices. Joe Buck’s is the perfect place for a business or casual lunch, a special evening out, a bite before or after a game, a family celebration or “just because.” Joe Buck's can accommodate any group from an intimate dinner for two, to a special party in one of the private dining rooms. But that’s not all. Don’t forget the classic American bar, a great place to meet.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

While visiting the greater St. Louis area the wife and I took time to see the Cardinals baseball game. Bucks is located next to the stadium; Joe Bucks says cardinals bassball all the Way with memorabilia everywhere and often St. Louis Rams players and retired Cardinals plays in there too. The place has great drinks and sports bar upscale food. TV's everwhere. Hotels near! I would recomend this place to all!

There are newer reviews for J. Buck's

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had a burger at Joe Bucks, excellent. Ate with a group, was seated with hardly any wait and promptly served. All in the group enjoyed their food. I would eat there again

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations three hours before a Cardinal game. We arrived 15 min early, and were seated. We waited 20 min before we made drink orders but that was short compared to the 1.25 HOUR wait for our food. The waitress came bay a few times and said it would not be long but soon just started ignoring us. Sure the were busy but several tables came in after us and were severed before us. The desert for the evening was cold food. Not happy.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went to J Bucks for lunch before heading to an afternoon St Louis Cardinals game. The St Louis Blues were also playing a play-off game & we wanted to catch a period or 2 on the multiple TVs that J Bucks had (exciting day for St. Louis sports fan).

Sadly, they did not have Blues game on any of the TV's yet some ESPN/Channel 5 morning show. (Cards game did not start for another 2 hours) After multiple requests they finally turned the TV to the Blues game, but would not turn up the volume. I purposely went to J Bucks because it is a sports bar & I thought they would play sports, esp. when the home team is playing a playoff game.

They had on 1940's type music that was very loud & has no correlation with sports. I asked to please turn volume to game just on the TV in bar area we were sitting. The gentlemen next to us asked as well. After 1 whole period of no sound, I asked to cancel our order so we could go down the street to eat where they would let us watch game with sound. Once I did this, they finally turned up the volume & told,us our food was up. Never apologized or tired to make it better.

Sitting at the bar you would have thought refills on water & soda would have been easy, but we had to ask for refill every time. Once we waned to pay bill, bartender visited with an out of town couple for 11 minutes before giving us our bill.

This place is rather spendy for the food & does not make up for it in service.
If you read any of my reviews, I typically only try to be positive & rate places that I am impressed by & feel others should visit.

I was upset we spend $50 bucks for lunch & were treated like they did not appreciate our business so I am letting other know in advance so they can spend their $ elsewhere if wanting more customer service with their meal.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The "Award winning" wings were very tough. They tasted like they were smoked, then just thrown in the deep fryer. They were served with the wing tip still attached, something I hate. Then they were tossed on the plate with the drummette and wingette attached. Looked like wings from the corner Chinese restaurant. Service was excellent. They need more selections of food on the menu. It was more like "hole in the wall" pub food than what i expected from "J Bucks" high prices. Where was the steak menu?