“Amazing restaurant inside hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis

Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis
Reserve with OpenTable
Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 2,874 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Carr
Transit: Arch-Laclede's Landing Metro-Link Station
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
“Amazing restaurant inside hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was staying at the hotel and arrived late due to my flight. It was around 9 PM when I was seated. They start you off with some different types of bread and a roasted red pepper type dipping sauce. It was different but I enjoyed it. I ordered the Pan-Seared Veal which had a parmesan crust and porcini glaze. The entree came with some green beans and potatoes. The veal was cooked perfectly and maybe one of the best veal dishes I have had. I was happy I did not have to venture out after a long flight for a good meal. I would highly recommend Cielo for a nice dinner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Cory C, Manager at Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear samonac22,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our restaurant. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and service and we were able to accommodate you after a long trip. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Warm Regards,

STL, MO
“Interesting experience, interesting food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am a bar-and-grill kind of person, so this was definitely out of my comfort zone. A friend who lives in LA was in town for her birthday, and requested this as our destination, so we went. We made reservations well ahead of time but couldn't get anything before 8:30. This surprised me, because when we arrived, the restaurant was more than 3/4 empty. The experience was really nice, though.
From the time you walk into the Four Seasons hotel to get to Cielo, there's a lead-up to your actual arrival in the restaurant. The walkway to the elevator is scented, the light-cast of Cielo on the wall as you get to the elevator, are delightful. Once you get to Cielo on the 8th floor, it's very contemporary and just looks... classy. Not "fancy" in that uptight kind of way, but definitely the this-is-a-really-nice-place kind of way.
For the six of us, we spent about $475 for dinner and two bottles of wine. The waiter was very helpful with food and wine decisions. I'm not very adventurous food-wise, so I ordered the toasted ravioli from the bar menu and it was easily the best toasted ravioli I've ever had. The rest of my party was far more daring and were sampling octopus, quail, sweetbreads, etc. Everything was met with rave reviews.
The outside area is pretty amazing, it's a great view of St. Louis. It was fairly chilly when we were there so we just took a quick walk around, but it would definitely be a great place to meet for drinks when it's warmer.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Cory C, Manager at Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Chel-belle,

Thank you so much for your review of our restaurant. I am happy to hear that we exceeded expectations with the food, atmosphere, and service. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

All The Best,
Cielo Restaurant & Bar
IN
“Four Seasons Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a mixed review. Began by making a reservation. An online source gave the first opening as 9:30 pm; called the restaurant and was told we could be accommodated at 8:15. We arrived at 8:15 and shown to a nicely located table looking toward the south and the arch. There were at least 6 tables empty when we arrived and all were never completely utilized during our dinner--so why the wait? A prix fixe 4 course tasting menu is available. My wife enjoyed it (cured shrimp, veal and wild mushroom ravioli, salmon and an award winning desert (voted number 1 desert in St. Louis) Fabulous. I had a very good Caesar and salmon.

On the other hand, the restaurant was incredibly loud. They had a large party on the other side of the bar and in the dining area proper--three parties of loud and rather obnoxious folks. We expected quiet dining in a sophisticated environment. Instead, we heard loud music (if you like loud 60's, 70's music blaring in the background--you'll love it) which, combined with the loud laughter of people into their cups, suggests you'll want to go on a quieter evening.

The wait staff was excellent (no delays as others have remarked). While the food was very tasteful and prepared and presented well, we found it was very rich--too rich to be comfortable afterwards. If this doesn't bother you, your enjoyment will be higher than our total experience.
Obviously, this is a restaurant popular with St. Louis patrons and visitors. While we enjoyed the unique flavor of the various dishes, It would not be on our "must do" list next time we are in St. Louis. Finally, a huge and garish LED sigh featuring shows in the adjacent Lumiere Hotel almost obscures your view of the city skyline to the south. The Four Seasons must not be happy about this intrusion.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
home
“hits the perfect blend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

had several meals here. lite late lunch and breakfast. we really enjoyed all the little extras on the menu. lots of exciting things to try on the main menu and the drink menu. we were not disappointed with anything we had. wait staff and bartenders catered to our every need and were really helpful and informative.

Visited February 2014
Cory C, Manager at Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Cooper12,

Thank you so much for your nice comments about the dining experience. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“The best $77 we've ever spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wow, so where do I start.

Our valentines day was spent Saturday February 15th @Cielo, and it was my turn to do the planning. I made reservations and requested "I love you" written on our dessert plate, and rose petals on and around the table. Not only were these two requests done but they also exceeded those requests. Our plate had hand crafted hearts engraved in the chocolate and "I love you" was written elegantly. The rose petals were high quality, beautiful and soft.

I also requested a window seat. They did let me know it wasn't promised when I made my reservation. When we got there not only did we get a window seat but it was said to be the best in the house. An astounding panoramic view with such a romantic setting I can't begin to describe. The gorgeous Italian host informed me that most people actually have pay $200 just to sit in this area. But we got it FREE.

Now onto the food. When I made my reservations I was told we could only pick from the valentines day weekend special menu of a 4 course $65/person meal. I didn't like that too much because I did not know if it would be worth it. So again, we got there and once we seated and got our menus, there were also seperate choices on the sides of the v-day $65 menu. So, as the money saving couple we are, we asked our server if we absolutely HAD to choose from the 4-course. He said 'of course not! Anything you want.'
Don't hate me, but I forgot the name of my pasta but I know it started with a T and it was so very small but very filling. The shrimp was amazing, my hubby got the Lamb Shank. Now HIS was huge - He loved it. Then he also got a beer, and then we had our dessert from the v-day menu. Semi-Freddo I believe it was called? (Sorry guys I'm 20 years old losing my memory already lol)

All in all it was a spectacular evening with the man I love.

Thank you so much to the wonderful Cielo Team,

From Rachè & Rick BonDurant

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cory C, Manager at Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ms. BonDurant,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your Valentine's Day experience. We are happy to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Warm Regards,