“Four Seasons Restaurant”

Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis
Reserve with OpenTable
Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 2,900 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Transit: Arch-Laclede's Landing Metro-Link Station
IN
“Four Seasons Restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a mixed review. Began by making a reservation. An online source gave the first opening as 9:30 pm; called the restaurant and was told we could be accommodated at 8:15. We arrived at 8:15 and shown to a nicely located table looking toward the south and the arch. There were at least 6 tables empty when we arrived and all were never completely utilized during our dinner--so why the wait? A prix fixe 4 course tasting menu is available. My wife enjoyed it (cured shrimp, veal and wild mushroom ravioli, salmon and an award winning desert (voted number 1 desert in St. Louis) Fabulous. I had a very good Caesar and salmon.

On the other hand, the restaurant was incredibly loud. They had a large party on the other side of the bar and in the dining area proper--three parties of loud and rather obnoxious folks. We expected quiet dining in a sophisticated environment. Instead, we heard loud music (if you like loud 60's, 70's music blaring in the background--you'll love it) which, combined with the loud laughter of people into their cups, suggests you'll want to go on a quieter evening.

The wait staff was excellent (no delays as others have remarked). While the food was very tasteful and prepared and presented well, we found it was very rich--too rich to be comfortable afterwards. If this doesn't bother you, your enjoyment will be higher than our total experience.
Obviously, this is a restaurant popular with St. Louis patrons and visitors. While we enjoyed the unique flavor of the various dishes, It would not be on our "must do" list next time we are in St. Louis. Finally, a huge and garish LED sigh featuring shows in the adjacent Lumiere Hotel almost obscures your view of the city skyline to the south. The Four Seasons must not be happy about this intrusion.

• Visited March 2014

home
“hits the perfect blend”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

had several meals here. lite late lunch and breakfast. we really enjoyed all the little extras on the menu. lots of exciting things to try on the main menu and the drink menu. we were not disappointed with anything we had. wait staff and bartenders catered to our every need and were really helpful and informative.

Visited February 2014
Cory C, Manager at Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Cooper12,

Thank you so much for your nice comments about the dining experience. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Cory Cuff
Cielo Restaurant & Bar Manager
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“The best $77 we've ever spent”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wow, so where do I start.

Our valentines day was spent Saturday February 15th @Cielo, and it was my turn to do the planning. I made reservations and requested "I love you" written on our dessert plate, and rose petals on and around the table. Not only were these two requests done but they also exceeded those requests. Our plate had hand crafted hearts engraved in the chocolate and "I love you" was written elegantly. The rose petals were high quality, beautiful and soft.

I also requested a window seat. They did let me know it wasn't promised when I made my reservation. When we got there not only did we get a window seat but it was said to be the best in the house. An astounding panoramic view with such a romantic setting I can't begin to describe. The gorgeous Italian host informed me that most people actually have pay $200 just to sit in this area. But we got it FREE.

Now onto the food. When I made my reservations I was told we could only pick from the valentines day weekend special menu of a 4 course $65/person meal. I didn't like that too much because I did not know if it would be worth it. So again, we got there and once we seated and got our menus, there were also seperate choices on the sides of the v-day $65 menu. So, as the money saving couple we are, we asked our server if we absolutely HAD to choose from the 4-course. He said 'of course not! Anything you want.'
Don't hate me, but I forgot the name of my pasta but I know it started with a T and it was so very small but very filling. The shrimp was amazing, my hubby got the Lamb Shank. Now HIS was huge - He loved it. Then he also got a beer, and then we had our dessert from the v-day menu. Semi-Freddo I believe it was called? (Sorry guys I'm 20 years old losing my memory already lol)

All in all it was a spectacular evening with the man I love.

Thank you so much to the wonderful Cielo Team,

From Rachè & Rick BonDurant

• Visited February 2014
Cory C, Manager at Cielo Restaurant - Four Seasons St. Louis, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ms. BonDurant,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your Valentine's Day experience. We are happy to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Warm Regards,
Cory Cuff
Cielo Restaurant & Bar Manager
Chicago, Illinois
“Beyond Amazing!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

When you stay at the Four Seasons St. Louis, there is no reason to dine anywhere besides Cielo Restaurant. They continually create the most outstanding culinary masterpieces. We had a casual get together for dinner and chose the prix fixe menu which is just the best decision. Chef Shimon is an culinary artist and architect, creating the most delicious meals with flavors you never dreamed possible. His team was on the top of their game that night (as usual) and all the food was not only gorgeous but seriously so so delicious. Each plate came out at the perfect time and we were able to savor our time. I really like the precision in how the Cielo team works. They are very synchronous but in that subtle "everything just works" kind of way. We had a great time and really can't say enough about the service and overall dining experience. Very exquisite!!

• Visited February 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very expensive”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We are staying at the hotel and wanted something light for dinner. My daughter ordered a coke and it was $5! I have never paid that much anywhere before. We ordered crab cake appetizers and they were adequate but I really didn't taste crab that much. The salami and cheese platter for $25 was good but certainly not worth the price. There are tables outside with a view of the Arch and I am sure in the summer they are filled. The service was superb.

• Visited January 2014