“Great food, nice people, cool restaurant”

Herbie's Restaurant
Neighborhood: Central West End
Cross street: McPherson
oak harbor, wa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, nice people, cool restaurant”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been to Herbie's twice, and both times were equally delicious and rewarding. This is cool restaurant that has several choices of where to dine - out front in a bistro type atmosphere, near the bar, or in the more formal dining room. The first time I visited the restaurant I was with a large group of about 12 people, and everyone raved about the food. The second time I was with my wife...both times I had the scallops since they were so good. The folks working there have been really nice too. If you're near the Central West End, I highly recommend eating at this place!

• Visited September 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of my favorite restaurants in St. Louis”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Herbie's is always a great place to gather with friends. The Bar, The Cafe and The Main Dinning Room are always a treat. Great food, Great People and Great Service!
The Shrimp and Grits are to die for along with their fresh Oysters and Escargot!

• Visited September 2012
Silicon Valley
“Lots of culinary options”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I chose this restaurant based on its broad menu (and good reviews) and wasn't disappointed. This is a dark wood, pretty classy place in Central West End, which is a fantastic part of the city. Despite the dark wood it is a casual place with a friendly staff. Best part though is a the wide variety of items for those with gluten allergies, vegetarianism and even vegans. I had the wild mushroom crepe which had a little kick which I really liked then the ginger tofu dish (at the waitress' recommendation). This also was very good - full of flavor, fresh veggies and well prepared tofu. The dessert was a disappointment but at least I saved on the calories. There's a reason this place is so popular.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Solid American Cooking”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A comfortable space and low-key attitude accompany solid fare with pleasant service. You could have the terrific lamb chops, wonderful pork chops or the richer beef Wellington in its puff pastry shell. I was particularly pleased that when we asked to substitute vegetables for the risotto served with the pork chop, we got really tasty sauteed spinach and mushrooms instead. There's also a gluten-free menu with plenty of delectable choices and a very nice wine list too. All good.

• Visited August 2012
Anchorage, Kentucky
“Wonderful food and great ambiance for 2 traveling families with young teenagers.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had dinner here about three weeks ago and I am still thinking about the shrimp and grits(huge calorie splurge!) and my young teenagers are still talking about the spinach dip. We had a great dinner. Food was elegant but everyone was happy with the selections, and a couple of our young diners still linger on the picky side. We had a fun walk to the restaurant from our Central West End hotel.

• Visited July 2012