“Beautiful Home, Gracious Host”

Napoleon's Retreat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Napolean's Retreat was beautiful, inside and out. Stacey was a gracious host and prepared an absolutely elegant breakfast in the morning. While there's no parking on property, we had no problem finding a spot on the street out front. The home is about a block and a half from the Lafayette Square commercial district where there were many restaurants and bars to choose from. The bed was comfortable and even the least expensive "Lafayette" room was surprisingly spacious. We would highly recommend Napolean's and look forward to returning for another visit ourselves.

Room Tip: The Lafayette room is much larger than it appears in the website photo. The bed is tucked into an a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacy K, Owner at Napoleon's Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure having you as our guests. Also, thank you for being a "taste-tester" for our new tomato & brie tartlets. We're glad to hear they were a hit! We hope you're able to visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Napoleon's Retreat Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at this very tranquil B&B off Lafayette Square. Gourmet breakfast, friendly owners, spacious bedroom with en suite and lots more. Exactly what we were looking for. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

We're delighted that we had a chance to meet you during your travels throughout the States. We loved reminiscing about our time in Ireland with you, and sharing information about all of the great things to do in St. Louis. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had an outstanding time at Napoleon's B&B. With an amazing room, great view, central location, and a delicious breakfast this place is a jewel. To top it all off, Stacy and Brian are as friendly as can be and have a deep knowledge of St Louis culture, nightlife, and food. Thanks again for everything and I appreciate your kindness.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Stacy K, Owner at Napoleon's Retreat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

It was our pleasure having you as our guest! We're so glad you enjoyed your time in St. Louis. You can't beat the hospitality found in the Midwest. And thank you for recommending the Handle Bar in The Grove to us! Great food, good drinks, and a fun atmosphere. It's awesome when we learn about new things from our guests :o)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at the beautiful Napoleon's Retreat. Our third floor room was HUGE and clean and soooo peaceful. We slept like babies. The B&B is decorated in lovely antiques yet had completely modern amenities including TV (husband can't live without it) and WIFI. We were treated to an amazing breakfast by our charming host, Stacy. I highly recommend Napoleon's Retreat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad the bad weather didn't hamper your trip to St. Louis. It seemed like we weren't much warmer than Michigan this past February, but I think there may have been a 50-degree day in there during your stay. I hope you're able to come see us when the city is in bloom, and I hope spring isn't too far off for all of us!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Napoleon's Retreat for New Years eve. Perfect for a quite, romantic celebration and in Lafayette Square, one of the best areas of St. Louis. Stacy is a terrific hostess, the house is well decorated, and the food was delicious. Would definitely consider going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for ringing in the new year at Napoleon's Retreat. 2014 is going to be amazing! We hope you're able to visit us again soon for some well-earned R&R. We wish you all the best!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very satisfied with our stay at Napoleon's retreat. Very clean room and bathroom. Great breakfast. Loved the privacy of our room which was the Charles de Gaulle room. Conveniently located two blocks away from our choice for dinner which we walked to. Looking forward to another stay here. Thank you Stacy, Peanut and Indie :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It's so sweet of you to remember our pups! Indie & Peanut really appreciate all of the extra attention you gave them during your stay. I hope you're able to find all of the linens you enjoyed during your stay, too. We receive lots of inquiries about them and are always happy to exchange shopping ideas :o) We hope you're able to visit again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A last minute trip to St. Louis when where there was a major convention taking place resulted in a problem finding a hotel room. On impulse, I decided to check into B&B's and luckily found this gem. My room with its own sitting area was very clean, very comfortable and nicely decorated. The location was perfect since there are some wonderful restaurants in the Lafayette Square area and the nearby interstate made travel around the city easy. Stacy, the owner, went out of her way to make my stay a pleasant one. The weather suddenly turned cold while I was there and when I had a problem with the temperature in my room, I simply sent Stacy a text and in a matter of minutes the problem was resolved. She checked in with me later in the evening to be sure I was still comfortable, offering to move me to another room if I wanted to do that. I am not a big breakfast eater and after telling Stacy this, she left fruit, yogurt, sweet bread and juice in my room each evening. I highly recommend this B&B for those who want a more personal experience while traveling. I know Napoleon's Retreat will be my "go to" place when I next visit St. Louis.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

We feel very lucky that you found us! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We really appreciate your patience and understanding with the difficulties heating a large, 130-year old house, and are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable. Please visit us again soon!