1,502 results
All reviews movie theater tenderloin room cafe eau grand old hotel classic hotel one bedroom suite beautiful hotel club level washington university outdoor pool art museum fitness center king bed self parking st louis valet
Reviewed October 17, 2018

I recently stayed here when in town for a wedding, as this was the hotel chosen to have the room blocks for out of town guests There was a family event off site with a shuttle on the day that we arrived. I had my wife call a day ahead of time to inquire about early check-in since the event we were attending started at 4, which is also the official check-in time at the hotel, and we would have to catch the shuttle around 3:30. She was told that it wouldn't be a problem, and to call back on the day of our arrival. A call was placed to the hotel around noon on the day of our check-in, and she was told to check back around 2. That sounded reasonable, so we arrived at the hotel around 2, and of course the room wasn't ready. Around 3, we were told that the room would not be ready early, and "reminded" that check-in was at 4. Not only was the room still not ready by 4, but we didn't receive a call that it was ready until a quarter after 5! By that time we were already downtown, so we still had to deal with checking in and transferring all of our things to the room later when we would be tired and ready to just go to sleep. Thankfully we were able to drop our things in the room of another relative, and use their room to freshen up and change. Nothing was offered for the inconvenience -no discount, -no breakfast voucher, just a sorry that they were busy and booked up with 8 other wedding groups staying there. I say if you know you're going to be busy, then extra housekeeping should be called in to ensure all rooms are ready by check-in.

Sleep quality was not great. There was a bar/club located off of the lobby that played excessively loud music, and even though I was 5 floors up, could still hear the bass resonating through the walls until after midnight. The couple whose room we used to change in before our room was ready said that they had gone to the club the night before, and had to leave because the music was so loud that they couldn't hear each other talk. There is also a hospital a few blocks away, so ambulances and other sirens could also be heard throughout the night.

The parking garage is currently under renovation, and was a mess with plywood and metal plates down everywhere. They really should be waiving the parking fee during this construction. I chose to follow the sign and park at the public garage around the corner with an entrance off of York Avenue. The hotel has excessive fees to park, and I was actually able to save money parking in a random public parking garage vs. parking at the place where I was supposedly a valued customer. The hotel charges $25/night for self parking ($30 for valet), and I was able to save a buck by parking offsite one night, and three additional dollars the second night due to leaving a bit earlier. Not a big difference, but the place where I'm an actual customer should always be the cheaper option. I hear they validate the parking if you go to a movie there without being a guest of the hotel, which is all the more reason to lower the fee for those staying at the hotel.

On the day that we were checking out, my wife and I were headed out early to do some additional sightseeing. We shared a suite with her dad, who had a later flight home that day. After another relative had gotten a late check out, we called the desk to request one for him as well. We were told that there would be no late check out. I asked again at the desk, and told that they might be able to do 12:30. I insisted that it be at 1:00 as that is what the other relative was granted automatically, and reminded them that our room was not ready until over an hour after check-in. After checking with a manager, the request was met, but they really make it feel like an inconvenience on their end.

Lastly, I feel that I should mention that the TV was ridiculously small. I think my computer monitor is larger than that thing, and it appeared out of place for both the size of the room and the size of the furniture it was on. Besides these issues, the hotel is well kept and the lobby feels posh. The location was also nice with several grocery stores within walking distance, and Forest Park is very convenient. That being said, I would look to stay elsewhere if my travels ever take me back to St. Louis.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear CGC79,

It was a delight to play a small part in such a celebratory weekend and welcoming you, along with other loved ones who gathered for the wedding was a great treat. We thank you for taking the time to share your review and we appreciate your valued feedback. We are warmed to find that our vibrant location provided you with endless options and that your visit allowed time to explore the nearby Forest Park. While our central address left you impressed, we apologize for the snafu in having you settled-in earlier in the day. We accommodate these requests to the best of our ability and that can mean that some are accommodated while others are not, depending on the type or room reserved, the time the previous guest departed and overall availability. The same holds true for the extension of check-out and we regret if the original offer provided was not properly logged for our other colleagues to see. This coupled with the other inconveniences you endured is certainly not reflective of the experiences we wish to create and we hope you can accept our sincerest of apologies. Once more, we regret that this was not one of our better moments and we look forward to one day welcoming you back so that we can provide you with a more authentic Chase Park Plaza experience. If I can offer my assistance in planning your return, I invite you to be in touch.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Fantastic!!!!!! Lauren and Veronica were wonderful with are rooms, especially the brides room.And the bell hop and the valet were so fast and helpful with all the in and out we had to do, from dinning to the venue near by.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear everready14,

Thank you for sharing! It was a joy to celebrate such a special occasion with you and of course, the wonderful couple, and on behalf of all of us, we were delighted to play a small part. Your mentions of Lauren, Veronica and the bell hop team have been shared and celebrated throughout the hotel, generating an infectious buzz and energy. We thank you once more and we invite you to visit again just as soon as you can.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Was given very nice accommodations. Was very impressed with the hotel and its staff. Everyone very helpful and welcoming. The room was so nice, that if I return, I am going to request the same room. Room service was very nice. Room was in the west tower. Could not believe how nice it was.

Room tip: None. I cannot think of anything that could be done to improve my stay. It was a beautiful room. Very quiet.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Afternoon Jean,

We are delighted to read that you felt so at home and we thank you for investing the time to share your thoughtful review. We were pleased to welcome you to the Royal Sonesta family and we invite you to be in touch if we can assist in planning your return. Until next time.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Traveled to St. Louis for my nephew's wedding and rented a 2 BR Club Suite at the Royal Sonesta. The hotel has great character, and the room was fine. We were greeted by the Valet/Bell Hop staff immediately in a very friendly and welcoming way. The hotel while charming, was a bit dated from a carpeting/wall covering perspective. We returned from the wedding and could not find a bottle of water in the hotel except for in the bar. The front desk instructed us to walk down the street to a coffee shop to buy waters at 11:30PM. That was very frustrating. We did enter the bar, but found the managers to be quite rude. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant both Saturday and Sunday and found the food to be over priced and below average, and the service to be very poor. This hotel has a lot of potential being a beautiful building in a great location, but the service did not match.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Good Afternoon Paul,

Congratulations to your nephew and a big thank you to your family for allowing us to play a small part in such a special weekend. We are thrilled to read that our Valet and Bell teams made such a great first impression and that your ample room provided the space needed to relax and recharge after a celebratory day. The balance of your review leaves me concerned and I hope you can accept my sincerest of apologies for any inconsistencies experienced. Should your time allow I am hopeful that we can plan for a time to speak by phone so that I can learn more about your visit and offer my personal apologies. I invite you to forward your contact details along with the best time for me to be in touch to amissick@sonesta.com. Once more, the pleasure was ours and on behalf of all of us at the hotel, we look forward to one day welcoming you again and providing you with an enchanting visit that will long be treasured.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

We've stayed here before for business, but most recently we stayed here in order to be close to Barnes in order to visit a family member. Valet service is excellent. This place is very well managed. Clean, easy to check in and out, and lots of very nice amenities. Had a wonderful dinner at the Chase Club. Great food and service. We will definitely return.

Room tip: Rooms with king at the end of the hallway... lots of windows, yet private and removed from other rooms.

Dear Tara,

Greetings from St. Louis. With so many hospitals and medical centers in close proximity to our Central West-End neighborhood, we often welcome friends and family visiting patients and loved ones. We were pleased to serve as your home base and we thank you for the accolades. The pleasure was ours and we invite you to be in touch if we can assist in planning another St. Louis visit.