1,528 results
All reviews movie theater tenderloin room cafe eau grand old hotel classic hotel one bedroom suite beautiful hotel club level washington university outdoor pool art museum fitness center king bed self parking st louis valet
Reviewed October 9, 2018

The Chase Park Plaza is a grand hotel. It has everything one can desire. From casual to formal dining, fitness center, outdoor pool, movie theater, floral shop, and gift shop. The staff is wonderful and the location is truly amazing! Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Good Afternoon Andrew,

We are thrilled to read that you made great use of your time here and that your visit allowed the opportunity to explore everything from our movie-theatre to Sante, our in-house Health Club. Your kind comments and glowing endorsement are most appreciated and on behalf of all of us, we invite you to hurry back one day soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

I've been coming here for reunions [went to school in St. Louis] and love this hotel! great location, rooms are great, staff excellent, all in all a great place to stay and a great value. i would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in St. Louis.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Greetings Niki,

It is always a joy to welcome you back and we thank you for visiting time and again. It was a treat to find your wonderful review and we appreciate the kind words highlighting the gracious hospitality provided by our team. On behalf of all of us, the pleasure was ours and we invite you to be in touch if we can assist in planning your return.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Main areas of this hotel are beautiful. Staff is also friendly. We had a 2 bedroom suite and paid around $300/night for the suite. This room was severely dates with torn and worn out carpeting and some of the most uncomfortable furniture you could sit on. The biggest bedroom/bathroom had a queen size bed that was completely worn out, matter of fact, first night I slept in the other bedroom as due to the U shape of this bed only one person could sleep on it. The other bedroom which was smaller and had a small but full size bathroom had a king size bed that was comfortable and for night 2 my wife and I slept on there and youngest son moved to the other bedroom. Why would you put a king size bed in the smallest bedroom?

Upon arrival I asked for 5 chairs to be delivered to my room as after the wedding we were hosting some family while we waited for rehearsal..had to ask twice before getting.

Sunday we had reserved the wine room for breakfast of our overnight guests (we had about 20 rooms at the hotel) upon arrival there were other people sitting in the room and we had 3 tables of 10 set up in the center of the restaurant. Keep in mind our reservation was for 50 people. When I inquired about this, the manager was polite and said there was "nothing in the record"...I showed her my confirmation email that said otherwise. The breakfast menu is EXTREMELY over priced ($24 for omelet, fresh fruit, toast and coffee) and the breakfast buffet was cold.

End of the day, these guys are riding on their name and there are way better hotels to stay at in St. Louis for way less money than you are paying.

Room tip: My tip is choose another hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear M7999NZandrewm,

Warm greetings from St. Louis and congratulations once again to the beautiful couple. We were thrilled to host you and yours as well as visiting friends and family. We thank you for the kind comments regarding our Royal Sonesta colleagues and the welcoming spirit that embodies the hotel. While we are thrilled that our lobby and public areas fully impressed, we regret to learn that your guest room did not meet expectation and more importantly, we are alarmed to read that your various requests were not fully executed. Should your time allow, I am hopeful that we can speak by phone so that I may learn more about these details and extend a more personal apology. With that in mind, I invite you to forward your contact information along with a convenient time that I may be in touch to amissick@soneseta.com and once received, I will plan on reaching out at your suggested time. We thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

My family and I had taken a road trip down to Branson, MO from Milwaukee, WI. While we had a great time, our accommodations were horrible. We switched from bad hotel to a ‘resort’ from the 70’s. My kids had to sleep on a pull out sofa an inch thick. Nobody slept well for many days.
We decided to try for one nice night on our long trip home. We surprised the girls with a stay at Chase. Not only was the place beautiful and we received warm greetings. The most wonderful lady who checked us in, Veronica, not only upgraded our room, but went above and beyond to talk to us about the area and was an absolute pleasure. If there hadn’t been a large desk between us I would have jumped back there and hugged her!
We will DEFINITELY be back here as soon as we can. The hotel, pool, rooms, theater....everything was exceptional!
Thank you Veronica!!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear rdmoy,

Jumping to the rescue brings us great joy and we are thrilled to read that you and your family felt so relaxed once settled in with us. Your kind comments celebrating Veronica’s gracious hospitality were a joy to read and she asked that we extend a warm hello and her full appreciation. We are delighted to read that your family enjoyed everything from the in-house movie theatre to the outdoor pool and spacious suite and on behalf of all of us, we will be counting the days until your return!

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Chase Park is a lovely historic hotel that is surrounded by fun things to do. But, what has really impressed me is the staff members willingness to go the extra mile and help in any way. Above and beyond a strong standard of welcoming courtesy, their team is committed to serving. I was scheduled to fly at the crack of dawn (as in up at 2:30 a.m.) and slated to present at a conference here at the hotel that afternoon. I called to see if there was any way they could make my room available early (+/- 8 a.m.). This would allow me to travel in comfortable clothes and offer a place to rest prior to presenting. Sweet Latoya Joyce maneuvered things around and made it happen! New to the team, it is clear that she already understands how to make people's lives better through her acts of service. The staff seems to embody this on whole. Thank you all for making my stay utterly enjoyable and for taking the time to go the extra mile!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Good Afternoon Lkelly85,

Greetings from St. Louis. It was a pleasure to have you join us and we thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. LaToya has already proven to be a gem and reviews like yours certainly affirm that sentiment. Your kind comments have been shared and celebrated with her and the rest of our team, resulting in infectious smiles and a prideful buzz and energy. We are thrilled that room availability allowed us to jump to the rescue and on behalf of all of us at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the months and years ahead.

Best Regards,