“Hotel stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Saugatuck, Michigan
“Hotel stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The suite was very elegantly appointed and surprisingly reasonably priced. They were very accommodating on providing a early check in, and a late check out. The staff was very polite and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eakfs
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Sounds like your stay with The Chase Park Plaza perfectly met your needs and that makes us very happy. Our associates will be gratified to hear how polite and helpful you found them. It is wonderful to know you were so satisfied that you will definitely stay with us again. Thank you for sharing your glowing review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location with lots to see and do surrounding the hotel. How many hotels boast a 5 cinema movie theatre and a lap pool (a rarity in modern hotels). Very elegant and stately, excellent service. The rooms are a little dark and dated and could use a refreshing. My first room had frayed carpet and a noisy connecting room, but I was promptly moved to a much better room the second time. Cynthia in the club lounge was wonderful. Paying a little extra for the club lounge is well worth it.

Room Tip: Go for it (club level)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Your detailed comments on The Chase Park Plaza Hotel are much appreciated. We always encourage our guests to let us know what they would like, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to fully impress you on your recent visit. We’re so glad you enjoyed your Club Level room and our central location. It is our hope to see you again soon.
Rumford,RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I made our reservation by phone well in advance; specifically for a club level suite. I had a letter from management confirming this. Upon arrival we were told that such a room was not available; it had been given to someone else -- no reason given. I made our reservation in Feb. for a June stay for a suite for 4 people. I was offered a suite on the eighth floor and had to argue for club level privileges (good thing I knew about them). I was ultimately given club level privileges (breakfast, drinks at cocktail hour).
We were pleased with our suite, but it had no coffee maker and the temperature was very difficult to control. The location of the hotel was great. Downtown St. Louis very disappointing. The Tenderloin Room was excellent. Room service was so slow I had to cancel it. I would stay here again but be very careful to get the room type you want,

Room Tip: Club level worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
While we are happy you enjoyed many aspects of your recent visit with us, it is truly regrettable we did not fully impress you. While it is not entirely clear in this forum as to what transpired with your guest room request, we apologize for any disappointment you may have encountered over your room change, and for the difficulty in controlling the temperature in your suite. Coffeemakers are available upon request. It is gratifying to know your stay with us was so positive you would come again. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Booked king room, called and confirmed room on drive only to arrive at 10:30 at night to queen bed. When I asked where our king bed was they said there are no more kings and kings are not guaranteed, it has a queen sleeper sofa you can pull out. It's 10:30 at night that's not the point I don't want to sleep on a sleeper sofa I asked for king, I confirmed king, and I want king. Andi at front desk was not nice at all about it and manager Stephanie was no help either. I understand if they gave my room away and no more rooms but neither one of them apologized for their mistake and in fact kept referring to notes that there was no king requested as if I was a liar. Unbelievable!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tupelofood
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It seems that we missed the mark when it comes to a couple of issues for you and for that we are truly sorry. Service is very important to us and it is regrettable if you experienced anything other than our very best. It is never our intent for a valued guest to feel disappointment in any way and we will be certain to share your comments with all of our associates. We hope we can welcome you back in the future and provide the stay you deserve.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days as part of a business trip. I was on the 9th floor which meant I had access to The Chase Club, which entitled me to free breakfast and nibbles and drinks. My room was nice but not exceptional. My colleague, who was on the same floor, room was very cramped. Good selection of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Ate in the Tenderloin Restaurant very pretenious staff. Good selection of beers in both bars.
Negatives when I arrived there was no coffee maker in room, I had to ask 4 times, last time late at night, before I received one.
St Louis - I had time to kill while waiting for a colleague hotel is ideally situated to visit Zoo which is free, but you need a taxi to get downtown. Downtown apart from Gateway Arch not alot to see. Couldn't find any shops!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bingoboots
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well your visit with The Chase Park Plaza went recently. We’re glad you found your Club Level room nice, and you enjoyed our bars and Tenderloin Room. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait for a coffeemaker, and we appreciate you letting us know what you needed. Our Concierge is always happy to assist guests in locating the activities and shopping they would like in the area. We would be delighted to have you return in the future.
Culver City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I spend a good deal of time doing business in St. Louis, staying in hotels throughout the metro area. As usual, I booked thru Priceline for $70 a night. The directions from the airport, east on 70 and south on kingshighway, was a little scary. However, the Hotel is located close to the 64 and the Barnes Jewish Hospital. This area is really Forest Park with a beautiful and large park across the street. The hotel rooms were renovated and looked beautiful. The hotel not only has a privately run gym (free to hotel guests) but also a multi-screen movie theatre that serves booze. There are several restaurants. However, I only ate at he bar and outside patio. I had the best best patty melt that I have ever had. right outside th hotel is a little oasis of shops and restaurants. Great hotel.

Room Tip: As for rooms next to the private residences.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is a great honor that you liked The Chase Park Plaza Hotel so well that you would stay with us anytime. We’re glad you appreciated our beautiful view of Forest Park, and our convenient location close to so many St. Louis attractions and activities. Your patty melt sounds perfect! Thank you for sharing your glowing review and we would love to have you back soon.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at the Chase Park Plaza for a business trip in June of 2014. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I was allowed to check into my room early, as my flight arrived before check in time. The pool area was relaxing and the restaurants and bars were a very nice feature. The property has a movie theater, spa, workout area, and is within walking distance to several great places to eat and drink. My room as a two room suite. It was spacious, clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view.
1 Thank HenryBru
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your glowing remarks about The Chase Park Plaza Hotel during your recent business trip. All of our associates will be glad to know how you found them to be so friendly and helpful. We’re glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful pool and other amenities. We hope to see you the next time you are in St. Louis for business or leisure travel.