“My Return to The Chase Park Plaza Hotel”

The Chase Park Plaza
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Lombard, Illinois, United States
“My Return to The Chase Park Plaza Hotel”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband is a HUGE St. Louis Rams fan. I thought it would be nice to celebrate our Anniversary by surprising him with tickets to the football game and staying at one of the best hotels in St. Louis. I worked there at the age of 19 as a room service operator. I left there at the age of 21 and never went back. I think I was more anxious then my husband once he found out the surprise I planned. I wanted to see how the hotel had changed and was quite surprised and delighted when the only changes were to update the hotel to today's standards. The hotel is still beautiful!! Our room was eloquent, clean and our biggest treat was ordering room service. It was so fun to have breakfast brought up to us the day of the big game!!The service was excellent and the food delicious! It's a weekend I'll never forget! Oh, the game was fun too!!

Room Tip: Always check online for some good rates. Depending on the web sites offering specials, you can get a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina M
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Happy Anniversary to you both! We’re so glad to have hosted you on such a happy occasion at the Chase Park Plaza. Thank you for you kind comments about our beautiful hotel. It is delightful that you enjoyed your room and excellent room service. It was our pleasure to have provided you with a weekend you’ll never forget. Please come again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Although we´ve been to St. Louis many times before, this was our first stay at the Chase Park Plaza. It is a very beautiful hotel and our rooms were very spacious. I always ask for a quiet area in any hotel we stay in and since we were travelling with family for my son´s graduation, we had our own little hallway at the end of which our two rooms were located which was really nice. The hotel is situated in the Central West End of St. Louis which is a very nice area with many shops, cafes & restaurants which were basically on the same block as the restaurant if you went out of a side door and which was really convenient. I gave the hotel 4 stars because of the elegance, friendly & accommodating hotel staff, and because of the area; however, they do need to improve the cleaning of the rooms since I had to call to ask that our room be vacuumed & that our glassware be changed, also there was a self parking fee of $17 a day or $27 valet, and they also left the wrong room key for my daughter when she arrived at 1:00 a.m. the day of the graduation which caused a little problem. I have to say however, that I would stay there again and take advantage of their movie theater since we didn´t get a chance to this time and also their gym. Free wifi is available only in the lobby, not in the rooms and I feel for the price of the hotel, it should be included. It is a beautiful hotel in a really nice area of St. Louis.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quite room when booking a hotel. We were in rooms 581 & 582 which had there...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Chase Park Plaza while in town for your son’s graduation. It was our pleasure to provide a quiet area for your family’s guestrooms. Our associates will be happy to know how you found them to be so friendly and accommodating. We regret that our housekeeping did not fully impress you, and we’re glad you let us know so we could quickly meet your needs. Thank you for sharing your helpful observations about our excellent Central West End location with other readers and for telling us about your experience.
North Hero, Vermont
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We just had a two night stay for a family wedding, and stayed in a two bedroom suite on the club level. The amenities were clean, people very pleasant and accomodating. In particular the day shift lady, Cynthia, in our club lounge was attentive and over -the -top helpful. The food in the lounge was great, and the happy hour wine very good. the service group at the pool was also excellent, especially Joe. Our bedroom was nice and quiet, and bed very comfortable. My only suggestion would be to update to a bit lighter decor, as it was quite dark. Also, the fitness room was world-class!

Room Tip: Go for the club level, it is SO worth it!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia J
Thank you for your generous review of The Chase Park Plaza. Our Club Level suites and guest rooms are truly luxurious and we’re glad you found them to be excellent. All of our associates are committed to providing the best in customer service, and we will be sure to share your kind words with all of our team. From the food to our fitness room, your positive comments are truly appreciated. It would be a privilege to welcome you back.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Classic hotel that has been well maintained or renovated. Nice to have so many amenities within the hotel also. Used the spa and the pool and loved both. All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and professional. It is nice to experience good service and a good facility at the same time. The location is amazing - walkable to tons of restaurants and just across the street from Forest Park.

Room Tip: There are a few room placements that have a view of the park. Otherwise, I would suggest visiting th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing comments about your visit at The Chase Park Plaza. All of our associates will be delighted to know how professional and friendly you found them to be. We always love to read about our guests’ experience and how they choose to spend their time with us. It certainly seems like you made the most out of your visit, using our wonderful pool and spa. It is our hope you will visit with us again soon.
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently traveled with a friend to St. Louis. We chose this hotel due to its location and the fact that it had 2-BR suites. We did the math and found out that a suite was cheaper than two single rooms. What we got was an enormous common area, well furnished with separate living and dining areas. Our rooms each had comfortable beds, a TV and a bathroom and were well separated on either side of the living area. It was lovely and spacious, more than we had expected! I highly recommend these suites if you are traveling with friends, it turned out to be a good value for the area. The wifi worked well and service was good, except that the maid did not replenish the bar so we did not have bottled water the next day. But that's a very small blemish on this luxurious hotel. Service at the front desk was excellent, and they responded to our few requests in a prompt and friendly way. Did not try the hotel restaurants because the Chase is located in a wonderful area of St. Louis, across the street from Forest Park and packed with good restaurants. Only downside I found was that breakfast was not included, and that would have been nice, but that is often the case with this sort of hotel. As it is, we had breakfast crepes in a very nice creperie around the corner, so maybe not eating at the hotel was preferable. I would stay here again if I am in St. Louis. .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank GreentreeMA
What a terrific way to enjoy our hotel, in one of our luxurious suites with friends! We are gratified to know how well you enjoyed all of our modern amenities. Our front-desk associates will be glad to hear how they helped you in a prompt and friendly way. Please come again soon to The Chase Park Plaza.
chicago
Reviewed May 13, 2014

this is am elegant hotel with almost endless opportunities to upgrade. Our room was near the very bottom, a huge room with a very big terrace/deck with enough outdoor furniture to have a dinner party. Staff was lovely. the complex is adjoined to their condos. There is a movie theater and shops. this is lovely area of St. Louis. I am going to make it my regular St Louis stop. Tip: the prices may look steep but there are super discounts for Wash U visitors, and residents of Missouri and Illinois. One tiny disappointment was the coffee pot was one of those that drips into an unheated paper cup. Yuck.

Room Tip: Get the Illinois Missouri discount!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We’re thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with your recent stay, and that you will be making The Chase Park Plaza your regular St. Louis hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed your large room and terrace, and how you appreciated our Associates’ excellent service. We are truly grateful for your feedback about your coffeemaker, and will share it with our Management team for future consideration. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to St. Louis.
Madtown
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've only stayed at two hotels in St Louis but I recommend the Chase. Classic hotel with a lot of money put back into it, excellently trained staff which is a big deal for me. A block from one of the gentrified multi-choice dining areas. Good conference facilities (not me), the breakfast buffet was interesting and wide ranging, innovative offerings besides the usual fruit, juice, yogurt, etc. Quiet when I stayed there except for the tornado, but this is a brick building with a large basement and I felt safe. I got upgraded so I can't comment on the normal rooms but the two bedroom suite is larger than two apartments I lived in and better appointed.

Only one caveat: taxis may be hard to come by during a raining day. That's pretty much common in any major city.

Room Tip: The street is quiet and has the park view. The lower floors in back have AC condenser noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the Chase Park Plaza at your recent visit. We’re glad you enjoyed our abundant breakfast buffet, and your luxurious, upgraded suite. Our associates are always happy to help our guests in any way they can, and that includes during times of inclement weather. Positive feedback such as yours encourages us to continue to provide the exceptional service we feel our guests deserve. Please stay with us again in the near future.