“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed there on what had to have been the perfect storm of events in St. Louis. The World Series, Wash U. Parents weekend, Halloween Party in the Central West End, Eagles concert among other things. We arrived late on Friday and the hotel was hopping. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite as I suspect that all the other rooms were taken. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was spacious. The bedroom portion was relatively small and the bathroom was tiny. Everything was mostly clean. Bedroom bed was comfortable. The pullout queen sleeper was as expected. Overall the service (front desk, valet, housekeeping) was excellent. We would probably stay there again if not too cost prohibitive.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
A pleasant surprise is the best kind! St. Louis hosts so many amazing events throughout the year and it certainly seems as though you picked a weekend that had quite a few taking place at the same time, how exciting! It is always our pleasure to comfortably accommodate our guests and we are delighted you enjoyed your upgraded accommodations as well as the service you received from our associates. It is our hope that you will indeed stay with us again at The Chase Park Plaza. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed October 25-26, 2013. In town for wedding, reception held at hotel. We found our service to be excellent. Every staff member we dealt with provided fine service. Car valets, Bellmen, Front Desk, housekeeping were all professional, efficient, and friendly. Our room was very large with windows on two sides. The bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked. The bathroom and shower were extremely large. The entire room was spotless. 100% pleased with hotel experience. The wedding reception we were at was held in the Zodiac room on the top floor of part of the hotel. It was outstanding. The room is beautiful and spacious with great views of the city and the park across the street. The food was the absolute best we have ever had at any wedding. The service was flawless. 260+ people and everyone got served each course with 2-3 minutes from start of service. Lots of staff and all well trained and efficient. Bar service was just as well run. The banquet manager at this hotel knows how to run banquet service. Our overall experience on our visit to the Chase Park Plaza as wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 478 is a large corner room. Nice views of Maryland Ave.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We think your review is wonderful, thank you! It is always such a delight to hear from our valued guests and hear all that they appreciated about their stay with us. Weddings at The Chase Park Plaza are like no other experience and our associates love to ensure that each guest has a personal and satisfying encounter. Thank you so much for sharing your appreciation and high recommendations for our hotel. We would love for you to visit again and take advantage of all that we have to offer, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel in October 2013. It is a fantastic hotel. I am surprised by the other reviews that I see on this site. Perhaps my expectations were lower than the others who provided their reviews. I was visiting the University for the 4th time. I had previously stayed elsewhere in St. Louis. I have been to many hotels around the world, so I have a fair idea of what I want. I want a quiet, clean room. A view would be nice, but the reality is that I won't be sitting in the hotel staring out the window for long. At the Chase Park Plaza, the room was clean, large and very nice. The hotel staff were helpful. I did not use WIFI, so I don't know if they still charge for it. I had a rental car and was told that it would cost $17 per day for parking. When I asked if there was parking on the street, I was told that it would be far away; in reality it was a short walk. Nevertheless, I parked at the hotel, and they did not charge me. The hotel actually has a movie theater in it. I was pleasantly surprised that they had movie that I wanted to see (or that my son wanted to see); we found the theater to be amazing. There is live organ music! People bought wine and enjoyed the movie. I would recommend the hotel; it is in a nice area with a few places to eat, near the park and close to the University.

1 Thank JonDkinn
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your appreciation for The Chase Park Plaza. We are elated that you enjoyed not only your comfortable accommodations but also our amazing location, close to all of the best that St. Louis has to offer. Our on-site cinema is a wonderful treat and should not be missed. While we do indeed charge for parking, there is public parking nearby but does not include the added safety of our secure lot. Your recent stay reflects the type of experience we hope everyone will have when visiting us and hope to welcome you back again soon.
nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Visiting our son at Wash U and booked a room months ago. Stayed at Moonrise last time which was lovely but we wanted to see a different part of town. Our room has a king bed and is a nice size but has zero view (looks into a chimney shaft I think). No robes in bathroom and one closet that is incredibly awkwardly situated so that it's difficult to open. Worst of all are the sheets on the bed - very scratchy and rough. Must be the lowest threadcount possible! And charging $8 per day, per device for Wifi is absurd. It is in a nice part of the city though - on the park and close to good restaurants.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Positive or otherwise, we appreciate hearing from all of our guests. However, we couldn’t be more disappointed by your comments. Please know that someone here is always available to address any concerns our guests may have during their stay and we regret that we were unable to provide you with a better encounter while you were here, when it would have mattered the most. Views from our windows vary and our check-in associates can best advise which rooms provide the most stunning glimpse of the city. As you have mentioned, we do charge for Internet access in individual guest rooms but we apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way. Thank you for your time.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Over ten years time, I've probably put up 60 people at this hotel, including university guests and the family members who came to town for my wedding.

The service has ALWAYS been subpar. And I'm sick of it. It's a fantastic location. Wonderful building. Rooms seem to be mostly ok. But I am so tired of dealing with the automatons that work there.

From top to bottom, there is a basic commitment to service that is missing, and it's there too when you deal with the billing dept.

The nickling and diming of guests (charges for wifi?!) are just the tip of the iceberg. It's the robotic interactions from managers and other staff that simply knock my socks off. Why pay for this? Answer: I won't.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Warren R
We are deeply disappointed that your recent experience was not what you had hoped for in all ways. Providing the very best in customer service is the cornerstone of what we strive to provide and we can certainly appreciate the frustration you may have felt. Your comments will be shared with all of our management team. We value your feedback and loyalty through the years and hope that one day we can win back your trust.
Stewartsville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

After reading reviews I had higher expectations for my 2 night stay here. Although I had a suite it was the oddest layout. It had a huge living/dining room, the smallest tv I have ever seen in a hotel in a long time, a very small bedroom, also with a tiny tv, and the SMALLEST bathroom I have ever seen in all my traveling. There was no space to put my toiletries and the towel and robe had a stain on them.
I tried ordering room service and the menu was on the tv so it wasn't that easy to find. I eventually called only to have the longest conversation EVER and the person taking my order seemed more confused then I was trying to find the room service menu on the tv. My meal eventually arrived, a very SMALL dish of pasta in a garlic and olive oil with 3 pieces of chicken and a few pieces of asparagus, I was starving after I ate. It was served with nothing else, not even a piece of bread. All for the cost of $28. Breakfast the next am was a little better although it was late.
I needed a taxi very early the next am so I made arrangements with the bellman the previous evening. When I went downstairs I was told the morning bellman didn't get the message so I didn't have a taxi. When I went to the front desk to check out, I was ignored like I was invisible. I guess it was too early for good service. I was happy to finally leave and I won't be going back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always our hope to provide the accommodations that will best suit your needs and it is truly regrettable if that did not occur. Please accept our sincerest apologies if any of the service you encountered was not as it should be. Your review will be shared with our associates as all of our guests should feel completed cared for during their time with us. We value your comments and hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I visited the hotel as a conference attendee and we were on the 11th floor. the view was amazing! The food was great and the accoustics and AV were right on. The hotel itself was beautiful and all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your review of The Chase Park Plaza. It is always our goal to provide an outstanding stay in all ways and we couldn’t be more pleased that you enjoyed your time during your recent conference. Our associates are always ready to help and we will be sure to share your kind words with everyone here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.