“The Chase is the Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chase Park Plaza

The Chase Park Plaza
Ranked #30 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
“The Chase is the Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is fabulous! The movie theater is also quite charming. The popcorn was fresh and tasted great. Room service was prompt & accurate - a bit pricey but in line with most hotel room service. The bed is so comfortable; it was nice to have soft pillows on a somewhat firm mattress and not feeling like lying in marshmallows. The towels were soft which was nice that they weren't like sand paper as in some other hotels. The Chase is by far one of my favorite hotels to-date.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
We so many hotel choices in St. Louis I am glad that you selected the Chase and that we are now one of your favorite hotels. Your review was wonderful and I will be sure to share it with the team.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Andy Ellis, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Returned to St. Louis for family visit. Chose the Chase because we wanted a suite. Start to finish, a great experience. Walking distance to great restaurants and shops, customer-focused, clean, and very comfortable. We were very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased that you selected the Chase Park Plaza for your family getaway and that you really enjoyed the whole experience. Our focus is on customer service and we work hard to ensure that all of our guests experiences at the Chase are memorable.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Santa Cruz, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend a few days of the holiday break in St. Louis to visit family. We were looking for a high-end hotel within walking distance to downtown restaurants, and Chase Park Plaza seemed to meet the criteria. It was also recommended by our relatives. Unfortunately, the overall experience was disappointing. We were in a queen suite, which was quite large and comfortable, and nicely furnished. However, there were a few issues. First, the interior window of the double windows in the bedroom was in disrepair and would not shut, a serious issue given the location on a busy street (it was never repaired during our stay). Second, on two separate occasions, after being out all day, we returned to a room that was not serviced, or only partially serviced. We called the desk and the staff apologized and offered to have the room immediately serviced, but at 9 PM we were not in the mood to leave the room. Normally, we would not get worked about this, but at $300/night you expect better service.
What did we like...the location, movie theatre on the first floor and the fitness center, and the staff were mostly friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was welcomed by name at the check in desk - it was midnight, but a nice touch. Also, the front desk went above and beyond as I was quite jet legged. Draw back - no late night room service as my stomach was on a different time zone. The room is lovely and much bigger than I had booked and also quite quiet - so far. Great location and look forward to seeing the sights tomorrow. I feel like I am staying in a slice of history and what a good location, as I have lived in the CWE before. I have not tried the spa or had breakfast as there are wonderful places to eat so near.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review and for all the wonderful observations about the hotel during your recent stay at the Chase.

I will definitely take note of the late night room service comment and share it with the team to see what options we have available.

We look forward to your next visit and appreciate the feedback.

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I did not stay overnight in this hotel but I spent a lot of time getting ready for a friends wedding inside a 2 room suite. They had a dress stand for the bride's dress while she was getting ready. When the entire bridal party was getting ready room service brought up some pastries and mimosas for us. I was very impressed by the service or the staff.
Our bride and groom also had a rehearsal dinner the night before. The service was pretty good but it was hard to flag a waiter down between courses when they forgot to serve my coffee.
Would recommend for any bride getting ready in St. Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and hopefully the next time you will have the opportunity to spend the night. I appreciate the feedback regarding the lapse in service that you experienced at the rehearsal dinner and I have discussed this with the team so we can rectify the situation.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay here, and think that it is a great value for the rate that we got. The hotel is older with a lot of charm. The rooms are not very large, but were comfortable. There are several restaurants/bars in the plaza, along with an old movie theater. It is within walking distance of a lot of cool shops, restaurants, and Forest Park. I highly recommend staying here, if in St. Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your Five Star Review of your recent experiences at the Chase Park Plaza. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to explore the area and experience all that the Central West End has to offer.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Booked a suite for as a surprise for my wife on our anniversary. Room was impeccable....spacious and clean with beautiful decode. Headed down to cafe eau for Sunday brunch. Big mistake. Tasteful decor, but no music for the first half hour we were here, but the air circulation unit in the corner we were seated drowned out conversation well enough. The menu was lacking so we settled for the buffet which the host recommended. Another big mistake. The pancakes were inedibly cold, and when we requested hot ones, we were graciously presented a slightly less hardened variety. $50 later I feel as though we were had for this terrible dining experience. Too many options in the CWE to bother with cafe eau.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I definitely appreciate the feedback on your recent experiences at the Chase. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the accommodations but concerned about your Brunch experience. I have notified the cullinary team so that they can look into these issues and make some changes where necessary.

In the meantime I would like to invite you back to the hotel for brunch as my guest. I can be reached at aellis@chaseparkplaza.com.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing back from you.