“Beautiful and Historic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Beautiful and Historic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is everything it should be - gracious, upscale, clean and attentive staff. The bar is good size but cozy. Very close to Forest Park and other attractions. Room Service offers good response time. It is not one of those 'tired old hotels'. Its contemporary but maintains its historic roots. When returning to the St Louis area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed our two bedroom suite. Living rm separates the two bedrooms. It also has two baths.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Becky C
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent experience at the Chase Park Plaza. The Chase is a member of Historic Hotels of America, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and as such we have made sure to keep the historic integrity of the property. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team here and we look forward to your next visit.

Andy Ellis, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel is beautiful if you like old buildings with intersting architecture. It has several restaurants so you have some varitey, but there are many nice places to dine nearby within walking distance. I would have liked complimentary coffee, either in the room or in the lobby as I did not want to have a large sit-down breakfast, and I had to leave very early so room service was not an option.

There is a fridge in each room, however mine was very warm. When I called the front desk to get a new one as I needed a fridge for medical reasons, she said that the fridges were not really ever very cold, nor were they meant to be, as they are only cold enough for beverages, not medications. She offered to have me store my meds in the hotel fridge, but I was not comfortable doing so. They did send another fridge up, and it was working somewhat better, so it was not a huge issue, but I just found her response strange. How do you have a fridge that is not meant to be very cold?

I did not access the huge gym as the hours were somewhat limited. I was a little disappointed in that as well.

Anyway, beautiful hotel in a neat area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tracey1017
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent experiences at the Chase Park Plaza. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding area.

I appreciate the comments you shared about the mini fridge in the room. After some research it does appear that the mini guestroom fridge does not provide a cold enough temperature for the proper storage of perihables for an extended period of time. I am glad that we did send up another fridge which is our proceedure when we have guests looking to store medication. I will be sure to discuss your comments with the appropriate managers to ensure that we relay the correct information to our guests and avoid any future misunderstandings.

Thank you again and I hope that the next time that you are in St. Louis that you will stay with us again.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite. The size of the room was perfect for our family of 4. Spacious and comfortable. Close to Forest park for a morning run and close to restaurants and night life. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to post the review about your recent stay at the Chase Park Plaza. It appears that you and your family had a great stay in the area.

We hope to see you back again soon.

St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed recently for a meeting and was not disappointed. As many other have noted, the location is very nice with Forest Park and the Central West End so close. What probably impressed me the most was the size of the room. Self park was also easy with ample parking for even large groups. I have no issues going back to this location in the future for meetings.

If forced to find issues, the elevator buttons on the East side of the 4th floor were not working. After pushing one, it would not light and you had to hope that one was coming. The items in the mini bar are expensive and wireless is not free.

That said, I hope to be back in the future.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We are most appreciative of the recent review that you posted about the Chase Park Plaza and I have passed along your comments concerning the elevator buttons to our Engineering team so that this can be addressed.

I am so pleased that your enjoyed the hotel and it's fantastic location in the Central West End, by Forest Park and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you have hotel needs in the St. Louis area.

Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I were here for a wedding in July. If it makes sense - this is really a large boutique hotel. The outdoor pool was wonderful. It was crowded and hip and fun, more like something in Las Vegas or L.A. than in St. Louis. We had a special rate for the wedding, but for what we paid, I thought the hotel was a very good value. We had a 2-room suite overlooking the pool. The room and the common areas were very attractive. The best thing really is the location. Right in Central West End, we could walk out to tons of restaurants and bars. There's also a movie theater in the hotel. If we'd had more time, we definitely would have taken advantage of it! I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the fantastic review and the wonderful recommendation.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to St. Louis and that you were able to experience many of the amenities that the Chase has to offer.

We look forward to hosting you again when your travels take you back to St. Louis

Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have recently been frequenting this hotel at least once a month and we absolutely love it. The amenities are outstanding to include the outdoor pool with poolside assistants and service. We love to travel to resorts and sometimes you don't want to go all the way to Mexico to get a resort feel. If you are going to stay in St. Louis you have to stay here. Located in the Central West End also allows for great food and just fun to walk around at night especially. Another favorite because of its central location is the Forest Park running trail that I will do one loop the Sunday morning we stay. It's about 6 miles I think. You will not be disappointed with this place and we have 3 kids. Very kid friendly. I also recommend requesting a 9th floor room if you plan to have a few cocktails and refreshments because it is built into the expense and so worth it.

Room Tip: For family if parents want to have a few cocktails I recommend a 9th floor room so you get access to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on a regular basis and thank you for the wonderful review. I am so glad that you enjoy all the amenities that the Chase has to offer to you and your family and if there is ever anything that I can do to make your stay with us more enjoyle please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

We look forward to your next visit.

Andy Ellis, Director of Sales & Marketing.
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a beautiful, historic hotel in the Central West End of St Louis. The rooms are large, well maintained and the pool area is fantastic. The presence of the movie theatre in the lobby is an added plus. In addition to the pleasing physical structure, the staff at the hotel are charming, helpful, attentive, and professional. All my requests were met with a universal "My pleasure" and they acted as if it was.
The location is fantastic, right next door is a gourmet grocery store for wine, beer, picnic items etc and there are wonderful places to eat within easy walking distance. The Italian bar restaurant served delicious food, there is a great all mystery bookstore and many other charming locally owned establishments. There are lots of outdoor eating places.

The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and is close to the park, and museums.
I travel extensively in the US and Europe and list Chase Park Plaza on my top 10 hotels

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review that you posted recently about your experiences at the Chase Park Plaza.

I will be sure to pass along all of the great comments about the property and our teriffic staff to the entire team so that we can continue to provide the kind of service people expect from the Chase.

We hope to see you again soon in St. Louis.