“Superb service and old school charm”

The Chase Park Plaza
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Superb service and old school charm”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend stay in late July and was very pleased. I had a suite room overlooking the pool on the club level. The furnishings and bed are above average and very nice. The club level has a lounge that offers breakfast and hors-des-ouvres and drinks in the evening. The hotel is located in a great artsy neighborhood with nice shops and bars. Then again the hotels restaurants are good and the theatre in the lobby is very cool. The drawbacks were minor. The windows and corners were dusty, not dirty, but obviously they need some extra attention. The parking is easy but it can be a haul from the garage to the room. Overall if you get the club level upgrade it is a great value and a very nice place for a get-away stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for the great review that you posted about the Chase Park Plaza. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and that you had an opportunity to take in the Central West End with all that it has to offer.

Our Club Lounge and amenities are truely wonderful and we do get rave reviews about all that's on offer. I will be sure to discuss your observations concerning the dust in the corners with our Executive Housekeeper so that our team can spend a little extra time taking care of this area.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Andy Ellis, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here one night for business on the recommendation of a business partner. I also traveled right before this trip, so I didn't even have time to read up on it beforehand. I was very happily surprised when I arrived - the lobby area was very nice, reception was quick and efficient and I was up in my room in a jiffy. The room had a very comfy king bed with a comforter you just wanted to snuggle under in a rainstorm... hard to get out of bed. My room overlooked the very good sized pool (from my swimming days, it looked to be about 25 yards long. There were a lot of padded lounge chairs and a nearby area with tables for outdoor dining. Very nice - wish I had brought a suit.

The room had a nice dresser. two bedside tables with lamps, an armchair with a long lamp, a good-sized closet with its own automatic light, and a very nice-sized bathroom. Bathrobe too - love places that provide them!
I checked out the fitness "room" (it was really a whole gym including group exercise classes), printed my boarding pass in their easy business center, then went to their main cafe to grab a salad and glass of wine. This was the only poor experience of the visit. It took the waiter about 10 mins to acknowledge me and it wasn't busy at all. I ordered a salad and a glass of wine. The wine took about 15 mins to arrive; when it did, he apologized and said he had to go down into the cellar to get it. When the salad still hadn't arrived over 20 minutes after the wine, and I hadn't seen hide nor hair of my waiter, I asked another server to track him down. He finally brought the salad, apologized and said the kitchen has been behind all night. How long does it seriously take to make one small caesar salad. Not rocket science.

He offered to take my wine off my bill but that just made me feel like a big B. I tipped him well - stupid how we feel badly when we're fed up and get a little justifiably cranky. Oh well. Maybe this is common, maybe it woudn't happen again. I'd sit at the bar next time - they seemed to be having more fun.
Oh, also - this hotel has a movie theater with like three theaters inside it, new releases and all.

I think there's some history with the hotel too, but I didn't have time to read it.

All in all, I'd recommend staying here and will stay again on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for the very detailed review of the Chase Prlaza from your recent visit and I was pleased to see that you were able to experience all aspects of the hotel.

It does appear that your had a great stay overall but I would like to apologize for the challenges that you experienced in Cafe Eau. Please be assured that your comments have been discussed with our entire Management team to ensure that what you experienced does not happen again. We take this very seriously and will work to have this rectified.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to St. Louis.

Andy Ellis, Director of Sas Marketing
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was just amazing. My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary and everyone was just so nice and hospitable. We didn't eat at the restaurants, use the spa nor were we able to use the pool or fitness center this visit (too much to do!) but we will be back for a future visit. Definitely the best of the best!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a king bed and foam pillows
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic review of the Chase Park Plaza. I am so glad that your selected the Chase for your Anniversay and that we were able to live up to your expectations. When you do return I hope that you will be able to experience all that the hotel has to ofer.

Once again thank you.

Red Wing, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Easy and friendly check in. Large room, very large bathroom with high quality shampoos, etc. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Clean and quiet.

TV not HD. Had difficulty getting an iron and bedside light was not 3 way so not enough light to read by. Discovered on the 2nd night that light on other side of the bed was fine.

Located in great neighborhood with lots of nearby restaurants and a great grocery store a block away. Would stay again but not for $269 a night especially not in a room that view was such that I kept drapes closed.

Room Tip: Inquire about what the view is if you care about having your drapes open.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peggy R
Thank you for the feedback that you provided from your recent stay at the Chase.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the wonderful location in the Central West End with all the shopping, restaurants and nightlife that the area has to offer.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the in-room lighting and the difficulty with the iron. I have passed these issues along to the team here so that they can be rectified. Unfortunately we do have some rooms that do not provide the best view and it appears that you did recieve one of these. When you are next in St. Louis I hope that you reach out to me directly at aellis@chaseparkplaza.com and I will ensure that I will take care of you.

Thank you again for the review.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding - my husband and family spent more time here than I did, since I was MoH for the wedding. He really enjoyed the gym (18,000 sq ft!) while we were there. We had the buffet breakfast at Eau Bistro on Sunday morning and the desserts were hand down the best part - they employ a world-renown pastry chef who takes great pride in his work, and you can really tell. I wasn't a fan of the selection, but I'm more of an eggs benedict girl :)

The room was comfy and spacious. I heard a little noise on Saturday night, but there were 3 weddings going on, so I'm sure it was some of the guests and it didn't last long. The hotel is really big, and I probably would have gotten lost if my husband didn't know his way around. The bathroom was also pretty big and the shower/bath was delightful. We were there for the hottest weekend on record, so the AC was working overtime and did a great job of cooling us down.

My one complaint is paying for wi-fi... In this day and age, I find it a little silly when you pay good money for a hotel to have to pay for wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FMRSS1009
Thank you so much for posting the terrific review about the Chase Park Plaza. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and I do apologize for any inconvence that you experienced with the noise coming from the various events throughout the property. It sounds like your husband enjoyed Sante Fitness, which is unlike most hotel gym facilities. We are very proud of the gym and the fact that it is complimentary to all of our guests.

Our breakfast in Eau Bistro is exceptional and the desserts that we provide on our Sunday Brunch are all made in house by Henry, our Executive Pastry Chef and his team.

I appreciate the feedback that you provided about the wifi and I will make sure that we revisit this to see what options we may have.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A stylish hotel with regal, tall ceilings, very well appointed rooms, good choice of restaurants, and a very helpful staff. All reasonably priced. We stayed at the Chase Park Plaza for a friend's wedding, and enjoyed every bit of it. Clean place. Well maintained. Great bath amenities. Clean, comfortable beds and couches. Spacious work area. Tasteful interiors. Excellent housekeeping. Beautiful and spacious pool area. Very spacious gym in the basement with a wide variety of options - for spinning, treading, running, weights, group classes, and so on - and lots of equipment. A beautiful spa with a full range of services. Executive residences/condos on one side of the hotel, and guestrooms on the other. Four different restaurants and a coffee shop and convenience store. Great neighborhood with a wide choice of restaurants to cater to different tastes and people of all age groups. Swanky nightclubs/cocktail places to tasty Italian, Mexican, and other cuisines close by. Easy to access from the main road (North Kingshighway) and only 4 blocks to US 40/64, which connects you to all of St. Louis and suburbs; and to other interstate highways. Caring and obliging staff. Attentive valet and front desk staff. Overall a great experience!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner yard are generally cooler in summer. Ask for room upgrades; sometimes one-b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ram L
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for such a glowing review of the hotel and a fantastic description of all that the Chase has to offer. I will be sure to share your experience with the entire team.

We hope to see you back again soon to enjoy the hotel and the Central West End.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2012

In the early '80s, my father was the Director of Sales at Chase Park Plaza. We lived here during the summer when the Miss Universe contestants stayed here. That was an interesting time to live in the Chase (it wasn't part condo then, though).
The hotel was resplendant then, and it remains so in glorious little neighborhood its located in: you can walk to all these fantastic little restaurants and bars, but you can just as easily stay in the hotel and be entertained.
The pool area is as lovely as I remember, and the staff here practically dotes on you.
You must try Hack's, which I first visited as a little girl in the '80s and Hack himself served me my first virgin strawberry daiquiri. I'm a little older now so I can go for the real stuff. ;) If you aren't a steak person, you can still find plenty on the menu - there is an excellent shrimp scampi.
The suites provide you everything you need. If you need anything else, you can ask the friendly, attentive staff and they will help you. They are excellent with directions, recommendations, and all of those things.
The Chase is not that far from some of the best attractions in Saint Louis.
Still Saint Louis' crown jewel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TwoWheelsOnly
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I was very excited to read your review and learn about your past experiences at the Chase and the surrounding area, especially in my current position as Director of Sales & Marketing.

I will be sure to pass along the wonderful comments to the Chase team to ensure that we continue to provide our guests with great service and great amenities.

I hope that when you are back in St. Louis you can stay with us again and perhaps we can meet to discuss your time at the Chase.