“This Hotel was FABULOUS!! Give it a chance....”

The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis
Ranked #34 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I travel to St. Louis for business every 2 months and this last trip, there was a Sheriff's convention in town as well as Marine Week so my regular Hilton hotel was sold out. I remembered seeing this hotel in passing so I decided to give it a try. This hotel is an all suites hotel in a great area near Barnes Jewish and Children Hospital. Great resturants are within 2 blocks and the customer service in this hotel is exceeding beyond my expectations.

Pros:
Beautiful Hotel
Big Rooms
Excellent Customer Service
Elegant pool
4 very good resturants to choose from within the hotel
Movie Theatre attached to Hotel (Hangover 2 was great!)
Safe area

Cons:
The only con i can think of is I am not getting my Hilton points for my 3 night stay. This is an independently owned hotel which isn't necessarily a bad thing

I can't believe this hotel is rated so low on the Trip Advisor list. It's a hidden treasure in St. Louis.

Room Tip: Stay on the Concierge Level. It is worth the $
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RomaM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed for a conference I was attending on the WashU Medical Center Campus. This was my first time to St. Louis. The hotel is in a nice area and walking distance to nightlife and good restaurants. I was very happy with my stay here, I had a comfortable and clean room. I didn't make many requests but I was always accommodated. The pool is beautiful and as and added bonus, there is even pool side service. If I ever return to St. Louis I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I liked the Chase Park Plaza - its right next to Forest Park and is in a good area with lots of nice restaurants and bars. About a 10 minute walk from the nearest metro station but everyone seems to get cabs everywhere, and they're pretty cheap.

The room was average size, clean, and had a seriously comfotable bed. Clean bathroom, good toiletries!

The staff were fine, not friendly or unfriendly, perhaps a bit over formal though! My only complaint is the lack of free wifi which I would expect from a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I thought it was clean, but my son had his thumb almost amputated in a window that was left open and broke his thumb, tore a ligament and the hotel will take no responsibility. I am now left with a 5000 dollar bill for the hospitalizations.

Horrible experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank gliumd
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The Chase is a historic hotel with a fun atmosphere. Has a movie theatre, restaurants, bars with live music, salon, etc. The rooms are clean and the beds are firm. However, the customer service is poor. I would only stay again for the location- close to trendy eateries and bars. Good shopping too in the Central West End.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bweezy
ChaseStLouis, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

We are very interested in more in depth information regarding the service that you recieved. It is through reviews and detailed information that we can provide the very best service to our guests.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

To start with, this is my lowest rating yet. I was in st louis on a conference. The hotel was highly rated (on their website) and was a recommended hotel for the conference, so i booked it. The hotel was clean and located close to some eateries (bar Louise at the back was great!). Other than that it was disappointing. My main concern was the service for the amount you pay. I had a problem with my bill where i was charged for breakfast on three occasions wrongly. The person at the counter was in such a hurry and kept insisting i accept the bill first and she will sort it out later and send me an email. Till today after numerous emails there has been no response. I am thousands of miles away so i guess thats US100 down.
Internet service was poor, we had to pay US10 a day (needed it to skype home) and the connection was terrible and kept disconnecting. The service in your room and at the lobby differs!!?? The first for me...so you had to reregister and pay again to use it at the lobby.
There were quite a few people for the conference and we were told there would be transportation to the venue. However, we found ourselves waiting at the lobby, nobody bothered to point us to the vehicle (no signage either). Small issue but little things sum up especially when you pay so much. Please buck up.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jegan_T

Please contact me directly regarding the charges on your bill. I will be happy to look at the bill and make any corrections necessary.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We were "warned" by the front desk that we would be able to hear the music from the bar until 1:00 a.m. So we were prepared for that. What we werent prepared for was hearing every toilet flush, the elevators (which werent really close to our room) and every car, scooter, bus, jogger, etc) going past the hotel. There was absolutely no soundproofing in the room. If you are a light sleeper, skip this hotel. Painful!

• Stayed: April 2011